NEW HD RUMOR; 24 HD Channels for DirecTV..Bye bye Voom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DIRECTVREP, I am with the majority. Proving information in an Internet forum does not need to be done when it is of a confidential nature. Some just are not happy with having to wait, just blow off the bad apples.

LOBO: I (as does everyone) have 93 listed as an NFL channel too. I would think these should be in line with 90-97 for the HD games on Sunday's. The one channel is odd ... perhaps we are due for the HD version of the NFL Network? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

EVERYONE: Please do not scare away direct sources and remember ANY leak is a GOOD leak :)

superdish multi-switch

does anyone have any ideas on how d* plans to combine all 5 locations for programming. i wire in mdu's and am wondering if they are coming up with a 5 input multi-switch? or are they plan on using certain satellites for certain regions of the country?

directvrep - add me to the list of those who appreciate your contributions. I hope you will reconsider your decision not to participate in this forum.

LonghornXP said:
... There are things I can't even hint here pretty much because he is one of 4 people who have been given the information and they can get my specific IP information and will link my account information from my ISP with my brother and you know whats next.

You probably shouldn't have even said this if you're worried.

directvrep

don't leave, we need all the input we can get. there will always be nay sayers, they are just people who can't believe that someone might have the inside track. for every nay sayer, there are 100 others that take the info you give and work with it. so keep it up..............

FIREFLY said:
does anyone have any ideas on how d* plans to combine all 5 locations for programming. i wire in mdu's and am wondering if they are coming up with a 5 input multi-switch? or are they plan on using certain satellites for certain regions of the country?

Elsewhere in this forum (might even be earlier in this thread), there's been talk that D* will be launching a new 5 LNB dish that's about 33" wide.

There's also debate as to what locations this dish will cover. Some think it will cover from 72.5 to 119, others from 95 to 119. Personally, I think the latter is more likely.

chrisb said:
Elsewhere in this forum (might even be earlier in this thread), there's been talk that D* will be launching a new 5 LNB dish that's about 33" wide.

There's also debate as to what locations this dish will cover. Some think it will cover from 72.5 to 119, others from 95 to 119. Personally, I think the latter is more likely.

You might want to check this thread out: http://www.dbsforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38315

I do hope DirecTVRep Stays, I appreciate him going out of his way to help people out, however by the same tolken I know we also have a bunch more DirecTV employees that participate here (however they don't publiclly announce that work for DirecTV)

We must remember that their jobs depend on them carrying the company line. If something is not officially announced yet, they can't say anything about it. They are required to do this because they are a public company. No one here wants to be the next Martha Steward.

As DirecTV rep said good things are coming. I know waiting is the hardest part. :)

I do hope DirecTV Rep sticks around, because the help he could provide us has been very good help. And soometimes good help is hard to find. :D

slacker9876 said:
perhaps we are due for the HD version of the NFL Network? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Channel information for that channel lists it as being a Sunday Ticket game channel, so no such luck!

BTW, I never doubted Directvrep was an employee really... although when you're dealing with people over the internet, you do seem to have to take a "leap of faith" of sorts... for all we know, Scott could be a 16-year-old girl! ;)

However, I did doubt the four Ka band satellites, which could be VERY true, I'm just skeptical since I or anyone else hasn't heard ANYTHING about DirecTV having access to ANY four Ka band satellites currently in space.

Still, my vote is for him to come back and post whenever he feels like it.

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~Who is a little worried about Francis...

I really did not intend to run DirecTVRep off... You can never tell who is who or what information is being made up on the fly or what is real.

My apologies DirecTVRep. I always get a little nasty and bent out of shape when the "100% Digital Quality" or "CD Audio Quality" discussion comes up. When we talked about picture quality and you basically said call 1 800 DirecTV it sent me down the path of destruction.

I guess my point is that anyone can post anything on these forums. Some of the info is true, some is partly true and some of it is totally wrong. Everyone should take EVERYTHING said here as 'suspect' - that includes the information I post here.

Again, please accept my apologies if I have offended you.

hey directvrep, it would be great to hear waht you have to say, and like everyone has said we would love you to stay, I know I always love talking to someone straight from directv that way I know its facts also, I dont have to deal with csrs or other crap like that!

Directvrep need not reply! We certainly don't need his narcissism, egotism and potentially illegally leaked fodder to fuel our appetite for rumor and conjecture. It sounds like Directvrep suffers from munch housen D* proxy...here to save the dim of wit and lead the sheep from slaughter. !sadroll

This whole "please don't leave us" crap is just what Directvrep was hoping to achieve. Just like Mighty Mouse, he will certainly return to save the day...and you people will suck it up and kiss his :shh - just like you were conditioned.

"Help me Wamba, help me Wamba!" Too funny! :haha

What makes this forum great is the difference of opinion and people expressing their opinion in a civil manner. Directvrep probably should have never indicated he was a DIRECTVREP...or what his title was. It would only lead to this...his departure. If he was smart he would just sign up under another name if he still wants to be a part of what this forum is. I dont go telling everyone what I do at work...nor should anyone else. Especially if you have a job that is related to what we are writing about. The rules that directvrep has as a DirecTV employee prohibit him from talking about most of the info we want to know about. So...I wouldn't come to the forum and identify my position and call attention to myself. I'm not bashing him...its just that if I were in that same position I wouldn't mention it at a place like this. This is a great forum and we are passionate about our HD...we want info...its not DirecTV's fault that he cant give it to us. Hey his job could be in trouble if he does!!! Thanks for all your input directvrep....but next time dint tell everyone who you are and what you do.

BassBlaster said:
This whole "please don't leave us" crap is just what Directvrep was hoping to achieve. Just like Mighty Mouse, he will certainly return to save the day...and you people will suck it up and kiss his :shh - just like you were conditioned.
I guess your "positive" :rolleyes: help and comments are doing everyone alot of good in contrast? :eek: NOT !!!

You criticize someone who wants to share information that will be useful to many people, and offer nothing but obnoxious, stupid, arrogant opinions in return. I'd take directvrep any day. :yes

I think more would choose DirecTv than Voom if they had a decent number of HD channels if they were compelling enough even if there would be not as many channels as Voom for the simple fact that the system costs less, this satelite company has been around the longest so they are most likely to stil be around instead of having an expensive paperweight, more SD channels, cheaper, and you can get your local stations through the satellite in most areas.

I agree, D* needs to provide a good value for the money then there is no question. The only reason I every tried Voom was because it was FREE.

D* will be stepping it up. Odds are will not not be as soon as we all would like (today) but the 8 HD games a week for the NFL ST I guess is great testing ground. I just checked the local soundtrack to see if they have the HR10-250 in ... they do, so next payday I think I'll be taking the plunge. Anyone want to buy the HTL-HD from me? I also have 2 SD TiVo's (upgraded) and will be ordering a standard receiver, just to get the free 5x8 multi-switch :)

EDIT: Please see my post here in the Satellite Guys Classifieds!

I utelize my own time ( lets see that again... I DO NOT GET PAID FOR SURFING THE WEB AND POSTING ON BOARDS LIKE THIS) to help you guys in any way I can.

Every single post I have seen from "Directvrep" has a line similar to that one. It is like he wants a nobel prize for going out of his way to talk to people on the internet. I do not work for any TV company, i post here, and I do it in my free time. If I understand correctly, the only person that really contributes here that has an obligation to is Scott. We all post here "in our free time", so I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by looking for some recognition every time you post.

This guy very well may be a employee, as Neutron has dealt with him and I take what Neutron says as accurate. However, that does not overshadow the fact that Directvrep has given *NO* worthwhile information about any upcoming HD channels or anything of that nature *EVER*. If he is not allowed to talk about whatever due to N/D that is fine, but acting like you know all this "secret" information but never share any of it only adds to rumors and speculations and certainly does not clear anything up.

I am quite upset that this guy would go on with a sob story after someone (me) called B.S. on his little knowledge droppings and the lack of information they contain.

I am all for an individual who is more in the know than the majoirty of us to share information, but posts with no informational value and hiding under a N/D agreement while attempting to draw positive attention to yourself for your god like clarifacation certainly does not help me with any questions I have about future HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)