Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Just wondering if D adds HD (prior to D12 going live) if there is any source we can follow that lets us have a hint ahead of time (like the Uplink Center for Dish)? I know there are rumors but it would be nice to see something.

hate to mention this but dbstalk has people who post dtv uplink reports, usually every week.....sometimes more frequent if there is any anticipation of more hd coming.

Also, Satelliteracer generally gives a day or two advance notice when there are new channels coming, although he never says exactly which ones.

When new channels are added they will appear in your guide and you have to go to your favorites list and uncheck them if you don't want them.

When new channels are added they will appear in your guide and you have to go to your favorites list and uncheck them if you don't want them.

I don't think they will appear in your favorites list automatically. IIRC, you have to add any new channels to the list yourself.

Stonecold (a D* CSR supervisor) posted this list back in early Jan from the info they had:

His previuos information has proved accurate, I would expect these to be among the first channels added when D12 is finished testing (April).

Upcomming HD launches

The Africa Channel

BBC America

CSN Bay Area

CSN California

ESPNU

Fearnet

FSN Cincy

FSN FL

FSN Ohio

MSNBC

Hallmark Movies

The outdoor channel

WGN America

Stonecold (a D* CSR supervisor) posted this list back in early Jan from the info they had:

His previuos information has proved accurate, I would expect these to be among the first channels added when D12 is finished testing (April).

I think that Fearnet is goin to be a VOD channel.

That is still the current list from our offical reference system .... Any agent should give the same list of upcomming hd channels.

I don't think they will appear in your favorites list automatically. IIRC, you have to add any new channels to the list yourself.

Actually Chip, I think it does work the way it's described.

They pop in (thats how D* would want it) and you have to remove them if you don't want them. At least thats how I remember them coming in.

They pop in (thats how D* would want it) and you have to remove them if you don't want them. At least thats how I remember them coming in.

Could be Jimbo, it's been a while since new hd was added. I just don't remember it that way. The synaptic connections don't fire quite as well as they used to, you know! ;)

Since they change the software more often than they add new HD channels :)rant:) it may have changed, but I do remember having to add new channels to my Favorite lists...on my HR20-700 anyway....

Since they change the software more often than they add new HD channels :)rant:) it may have changed, but I do remember having to add new channels to my Favorite lists...on my HR20-700 anyway....

Aha! Evidence! ;) Just kidding, Jimbo. I'm still not sure how it worked!

Status
Please reply by conversation.