New HD Today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
E* definitely needs CNBC, Bloomburg and Fox Business (when available) in HD, so we can engage in sport watching of the business channels. (Which is biggest, best, fastest, etc. Like sport fishing.)

I also watch cartoons in HD, and would watch more except that when my granddaughter visits she wants to watch Hannah Montana and similar fare. No taste.

Regards,
Fitzie

Has anyone watched MGM HD at all? I am extremely interested in this channel, I have Dish and this has not been added as yet. Are they commercial free? Does everything seem to be in true HD-especially the movies? Thanks, look forward to hearing about this channel from someone who has it.

I was able to watch 5 min. the pq looked good, but I am not sure about the commercials because I did not watch the channel as much

I wish they would put all the HD channels together like they are in the 70's channels. I would rather not have to surf through the whole spectrum to find HD programming.

I wish they would put all the HD channels together like they are in the 70's channels. I would rather not have to surf through the whole spectrum to find HD programming.

On the hr20 depending how you have your menu options set up you can hit the guide button twice and then scroll down to the HDTV channels only option. Still not all grouped together, but you can see all the hd listing in about 25 seconds as opposed to scrolling through the whole guide. Or you caneven set one of your favorites list up to display only the hdtv chanells.

I watched "Code 46" last night on MGMHD.

I told my family that if they wanted to see a pretty good movie they never knew existed, they should always keep an eye on this channel.

The HD is pretty good. No commercial interruptions. Broadcast is in original aspect ratio, so 16:9 will probably be rare.

Looks like a nice mix of older / newer movies. Some interesting looking westerns are on it. Also some interesting movies I've never even heard of with A-list actors in them.

MGMHD is one of those channels you will move the guide along to see if there is a movie that pops up you'd like to see. Press the "R" button on your HR-20...and there ya go.

BTW: The Food Channel is awesome in HD. And I'm one of the few looking forward to some HD toon action. <Oh...Porky! You PIG!>

Is anyone else having a problem with just NGHD. It works on one box but not the other. Both boxes are HD20s. On the other TV I get a searching for satellite. All other HD channels work on both boxes.

On the hr20 depending how you have your menu options set up you can hit the guide button twice and then scroll down to the HDTV channels only option. Still not all grouped together, but you can see all the hd listing in about 25 seconds as opposed to scrolling through the whole guide. Or you caneven set one of your favorites list up to display only the hdtv chanells.

I did set up one of the custom guides to just show HD but I lost the original guide which shows "news" sports" HDTV", etc. Anyone know how I can get the original guide back?:mad:

I did set up one of the custom guides to just show HD but I lost the original guide which shows "news" sports" HDTV", etc. Anyone know how I can get the original guide back?:mad:

It should still be there... it's just a question of whether you have to hit Guide once or twice to get it - there was recent software update that gives you the ability to decide which one you want to see first (the grid guide or the filters list).

Go to Help & Settings > Setup > Display... on that screen, there is an option (I think it's "Guide Press" or something like that) where you can choose grid guide or filters.

The other issue was out there is that once you got to the filters list, there was nothing but the "All Channels" displayed. If that is your problem, a Menu Reset should fix it (Help & Settings > Setup > Reset > Restart Recorder).

Is there a way narrow a search to just HD movie channels without having a "HD Favs" guide?

Don't think so... I think you'd have to set up a custom favorite list for Movie channels and then use the filter for HDTV channels, or vice versa (HD favs with Movie filter).

Instead, I sit here trying to figure out why History HD is having a commercial for keeping NYC green. I am in Florida. /
I know this is OT, but when I see these I figure it is D* inserting this spot for everyone who gets locals out of NYC. I know its not a local channel, but I mean D* targets the boxes that are authorized for NY locals.

Do you have NY DNS?

Instead, I sit here trying to figure out why History HD is having a commercial for keeping NYC green. I am in Florida. /
I know this is OT, but when I see these I figure it is D* inserting this spot for everyone who gets locals out of NYC. I know its not a local channel, but I mean D* targets the boxes that are authorized for NY locals.

Do you have NY DNS?

I don't have NY DNS ans I have seen this PSA also.

It should still be there... it's just a question of whether you have to hit Guide once or twice to get it - there was recent software update that gives you the ability to decide which one you want to see first (the grid guide or the filters list).

Go to Help & Settings > Setup > Display... on that screen, there is an option (I think it's "Guide Press" or something like that) where you can choose grid guide or filters.

The other issue was out there is that once you got to the filters list, there was nothing but the "All Channels" displayed. If that is your problem, a Menu Reset should fix it (Help & Settings > Setup > Reset > Restart Recorder).

I did the same thing, put HD channels in custom1, but lost "all channels". The only way I got it back was using the menu to delete the custom1 guide. Now I get everything again so until I can fix the custom guide problem I click guide twice, page down to HD then brouse HD stations. If you select a channel then want to browse again it takes the same three inputs to get the HD guide again, very inconvenient.

Status
Please reply by conversation.