New HDDVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you want to keep both receivers active you will be fine. Just activate the 24 and do nothing with the 21 and you can use both.
It seemed to me that the OP wanted to have the cake of the HR24 while continuing to watch the content recorded on the HR21.

Automated obsolescence will cause the HR21 to reduce functionality in stages until not much is left after paying the $250 non-return fee.

It seemed to me that the OP wanted to have the cake of the HR24 while continuing to watch the content recorded on the HR21.

Automated obsolescence will cause the HR21 to reduce functionality in stages until not much is left after paying the $250 non-return fee.

This won't be a problem if he leaves the HR21 active. (it's only costing him $ 5 p/m)

What "automated obsolescence" are you referring to? And if not to troll the Directv side, why would you post it?

get an external hard drive for your dvr's if the ird craps out you will stilll have your recordings. i dont know if you can move the hard drive with out it re formatting.
i would think that as long as its on a a hd dvr(hr 20 and higher) it should see the hard drive is a dtv hard drive..
and if you do get an external one the internal hard drive is disabled.
and dtv does still give HR 20s out they are refurbed and do work with MRV.

get an external hard drive for your dvr's if the ird craps out you will stilll have your recordings. i dont know if you can move the hard drive with out it re formatting.
i would think that as long as its on a a hd dvr(hr 20 and higher) it should see the hard drive is a dtv hard drive..
and if you do get an external one the internal hard drive is disabled.
and dtv does still give HR 20s out they are refurbed and do work with MRV.

Unfortunately, you can't move an external hd from one dvr to another without losing the recordings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)