New HDTV Satellite location

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skistowe

Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
HI, first time here. I live near the top of a hill with some trees between me and the south and south west. Currently I have Directv and when I check signal strength I am over 90 for the 101 sat and in the 60's for the 110 and 119 sats.

I would like a new tv (flat, HD of course) but would like to know if I will be able to receive the signals from the new Directv satellites. Does anyone have any information that would help me?

Thanks

I can't say anything about your property and its LoS for sure without really being there, but the newest locations are 99.2°w and 102.8°w if that helps out.

Like Charper1 said, it's hard to tell without being there. However, the new sats he mentioned flank the 101 sat. If you have room on either side of the 101 sat you SHOULD be okay.

From your description, your signal level at 101 would lead me to think you should not have an issue getting 99 or 103.

If you want to try something, Take a flash light (works better toward evening) and place it on each side of the 101 LNB. If no portion of that light hits an obstacle, you can just about assure yourself you'll be okay.

From your description, your signal level at 101 would lead me to think you should not have an issue getting 99 or 103.

If you want to try something, Take a flash light (works better toward evening) and place it on each side of the 101 LNB. If no portion of that light hits an obstacle, you can just about assure yourself you'll be okay.

Aren't the 99 and 103 lower in the sky? If so how far lower are they? That could mess him up if he is clearing a mountain.

Aren't the 99 and 103 lower in the sky? If so how far lower are they? That could mess him up if he is clearing a mountain.

If you are east of the 101 sat, then 99 is slightly higher and 103 is slightly lower. The opposite is true if you are west of 101.

I can't say anything about your property and its LoS for sure without really being there, but the newest locations are 99.2°w and 102.8°w if that helps out.

1.When will DTV start beaming from these satellites 99.2°w and 102.8°w?
2.What content will be on 99.2°w and what will be on 102.8°w?

1.When will DTV start beaming from these satellites 99.2°w and 102.8°w?
2.What content will be on 99.2°w and what will be on 102.8°w?

There are already local hd and regional rsn channels from these satellites on spotbeams. When the two new sats go up, at the same locations, there will also be national hd channels.

does any HD feed come from 101?

The following are still listed as being beamed from 101.0°w

80 WCBS-DT (CBS - New York) DNS and NY DMA
81 KCBS-DT (CBS - Los Angeles) DNS and LA DMA
82 WNBC-DT (NBC - New York) DNS and NY DMA
NFL Sunday Ticket Super Fan HD (was last season and likely next if I guessed)
Not sure where MLB Extra Innings Super Fan HD will be from, maybe one of the DirecTV insiders knows.

Actually, all the SD and all but 3 HD Games of the NFL ST each week were on 101W.

As the launches of the next MPEG4 birds isn't until later this Summer, its pretty clear that the SD MLB EI will also take up residence on 101W this year - occupying PPV Movie bandwidth. The number of HD games this year will be very limited as well, thus most likely they will also be on 101W when they actually happen.

The NFL ST SD location was a given, he only inquired about HD service locations.

So then why didn't you give him the CORRECT answer to the NFL ST HD location instead of saying they all came from 101W was wrong as is noted?

Never said I did - however Charper said that NFL ST HD came from 101W last season in post #12 which is incorrect - I gave the correct info in post #13 and then went into a drunken logic post in post #14 defending his incorrect response in post #12 - only to pass out a few more times after more drinks for his post #16.

Never said I did - however Charper said that NFL ST HD came from 101W last season in post #12 which is incorrect - I gave the correct info in post #13 and then went into a drunken logic post in post #14 defending his incorrect response in post #12 - only to pass out a few more times after more drinks for his post #16.

Nice response. Not that Charper1 needs defending, I am sure he can do that on his own, but your response is totally uncalled for. This would be a good time to apologize.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)