New Hopper and vertical size issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I already humored you by reprogramming Aux a little while ago. Not seeing it. No lingering. No camera needed.
Well I don't need humor and you must be special or I have a bad Hopper and 6 bad remotes now.

How to reset the remotes?

rexlan, on your bedroom Joey and TV, try to reset receiver: Menu, Settings, Diagnostics, Reset Receiver. Reset your Joey. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. See if that gets you going better. You have nothing to lose....
Thanks -- I will try that now.

Tried and reset the Joey ... no difference. Did not reset the Hopper however.

I actually get a correct aspect picture from the Joey TV with it set on 4x3 #2 (which is wrong I know). But the aspect is correct,faces look normal and not stretched. This of course produces a letterbox picture on my TV with the top and bottom bars.

The TV is set to 1080/p, full and full pixel which means it passes the native signal without the overscan to fill edges. 2 year old Sony Brivia 40"

Last edited:
Well I don't need humor and you must be special or I have a bad Hopper and 6 bad remotes now.

How to reset the remotes?
Or, as suggested before, something about your receiver.

My receiver can not communicate to the remote and it can not make the aux light stay on. The receive can only receive commands.

It is the remote or the Hopper that programed the remote.

Anyway ... lets just put it to bed and say good night.

Locke it up if you're a mod. and thanks for trying.

Or a combination of both.

As I said, I see "repeated" commands with learned commands on my 40.0's. Various equipment behaves differently as a result. I've never seen it with purely factory based codes though.

The newer LG set reads every blip and makes the learned commands useless. An older LG and two Vizios with similar command sets only see one command at a time, as if the remote is sending them too fast to be read as two, but it is obvious looking at the remote it is sending repeats from one button press.

My receiver can not communicate to the remote and it can not make the aux light stay on. The receive can only receive commands.

It is the remote or the Hopper that programed the remote.

Anyway ... lets just put it to bed and say good night.

Locke it up if you're a mod. and thanks for trying.
Last suggestion, then gone fishing. Try using a different TEAC code in remote manager.

Press and hold sat
Once lights up let go and will start blinking
Press and hold recall and zero for 3 seconds
Press search
Press volume up
Press stop.

This is a remote reset.

It's not a reset, that's how you unpair.

Unpair and try to pair again.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Correct. I think there is a way to "default to factory", but could not tell you.

Last suggestion, then gone fishing. Try using a different TEAC code in remote manager.
You're not paying attention KAB

Once a code is programed the remote will have a delay on the aux function. Even if the code is changed or removed.

However, I have tried all 16 of the codes and that isn't the issue ... the delay is the issue.

Lol 6 remotes are not bad, there isn't any need to reset. I

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

lol ... back to you ... how about this instead?
You don't have a clue

Or a combination of both.

As I said, I see "repeated" commands with learned commands on my 40.0's. Various equipment behaves differently as a result. I've never seen it with purely factory based codes though.

The newer LG set reads every blip and makes the learned commands useless. An older LG and two Vizios with similar command sets only see one command at a time, as if the remote is sending them too fast to be read as two, but it is obvious looking at the remote it is sending repeats from one button press.
I agree and it is easy to verify if any of these other folks would take a minute to try it with their camera so they could actual see the IF signal since they apparently can't see the led.

@ChatT41 ..... you are mistaken. Unparing the remote has nothing to do with resetting something that was written to EEprom in the remote ... that is why it is called a "reset" . To do this I would assume that it needs to be cleared, maybe a single bit cleared, and changing the aux code does not remove that instruction. Once this occurs it appears to be permanent if the EEprom can not be erased.

I'm in Port Charlotte, FL and have a $100 bill for anyone who can come and prove me wrong or give me $10 when you can not ... any takers?

How about you lucky86? lol

I'm guessing that you have it all figured out. The folks here have been trying to help you with your issue and you have shot every one of them down. There are some very knowledgeable people who have advised in this thread, including a Dish engineer. You obviously have the last word, and this is my last....

I'm guessing that you have it all figured out. The folks here have been trying to help you with your issue and you have shot every one of them down. There are some very knowledgeable people who have advised in this thread, including a Dish engineer. You obviously have the last word, and this is my last....
Well actually you were helpful with your suggestion to reset but I disagree with much help being offered after awhile. KAB tried but for the most part I was told that I had something screwed up. So Bobby you to are mistaken in there is a difference in trying to help and trying to hammer me or flatly refusing to accept the facts..

UPDATE:
The tech just left and the notes are made.

I am 100% correct about the remote and the aux issue as described. 100% and it is now noted. He verified it with a new remote. Additionally, there is NO WAY to reset a remote and un-pairing and or changing coeds is NOT reseting it.

I am also 100% correct about the vertical stretch ... 100%. Verified and noted on the account. All setting are correct on the TV and the Joey as I said 20 times and guess what .. the picture is vertically stretched.

Have a nice day and thanks for the help you offered but not fr your last smart arse comment.

I'm done

So the tech couldn't fix the vertical stretch issue at all? What did he try?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)