New Hopper/Joey Activation Training Video

does the video address the activation for two hoppers and pairing a specific joey to a hopper?

Hmmm, why does it say USB will not be active at time of launch, does that mean no EHD right away?
i believe the USB port issue is only for the Joey and not the hopper. At least according to some of the other training docs. I didn't check this one.

Don't you imagine the Joeys will use the usb port for the eventual ota usb tuner Scott?

I would expect any OTA module would connect to Hopper only. Connecting an OTA module to Joey would require it to participate in shared system resources. Makes more sense to keep that smarts and processing in the Hopper(s).

I would expect any OTA module would connect to Hopper only. Connecting an OTA module to Joey would require it to participate in shared system resources. Makes more sense to keep that smarts and processing in the Hopper(s).

I guess it would make sense. But I do remember some speculation that the usb ports on the Joeys could be used for external hard drives. So it may just be a port of entry in the system. Either way I hope the usb ota module will be a dual tuner like we have today on the 722k. I love having access to Two ota channels on my 722k now , and would love if it continued on the hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts