ScooterS

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 14, 2003
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420570995.373896.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420571007.397454.jpg

Reactions: TheKrell
Probably a good idea for those with smaller sets. I prefer the smaller text with more lines.

I like the black background for the logo, but I looks like Dish may have dropped the slight shade for programs already in progress compared to programs starting in the future. While this new UI is an improvement over the current Hopper/Joey UI, I still like the blue colors in the grid from the 922. But, yeah, I'll take the new UI. I look forward to it.

Looks ok but of course they just HAD to put a freaking banner ad on the screen. As if we don't get enough of that shite on the internet.

Will this new carbon U/I also be coming to the Hoppers WITHOUT Sling built-in ???.... And if so, do we know how much later after they launch it on the Hoppers with Sling ???

Any particular reason why the Hoppers without Sling won't be getting it at the beginning (when the new U/I is released) ???

One big downside of the new layout is that you can only see two hour blocks instead of three. I see a 50% more guide scrolling in my future.
Would be nice if there were an option to change that...like the banners.

As I look at the screen shots, it looks more like 2 1/2 hours versus 3 hours on the current guide. (With the small font). The large font is about 2 hours, but that is probably an acceptable trade off for those people who really want or need larger font for vision or other reasons.

They could gain the last half hour of the guide back and still have the bigger font by removing the channel logos.

Reactions: JSheridan
Will this new carbon U/I also be coming to the Hoppers WITHOUT Sling built-in ???.... And if so, do we know how much later after they launch it on the Hoppers with Sling ???

Any particular reason why the Hoppers without Sling won't be getting it at the beginning (when the new U/I is released) ???

Dish has said it is coming to both the HWS and the older systems (Scott has a video of the new UI and confirms it). I have an original Hopper and was very worried it and the new remotes would leave us out in the cold - but both are said to work with the Hopper w/o sling.

It would be nice if somebody at CES would let Dish know what we think about this...

They could make both the channel logo and info panes a little narrower, and it would restore that lost half-hour back to the guide....
Yeap, there's a decent amount of 'dead' space between all (but one) of the logos and the channel #/abbreviation. I wouldn't care if they got rid of "BITV", "CNN", and so on. Many of the channel abbreviations are too cryptic that I don't know what channel they are (pre-Hopper, of course, when there was no logo). Granted, they're obviously not channels I watch much in the case of those I don't know. Losing that text doesn't gain them anything on the width though.

I think they could get away with making the half-hour slots narrower as well by wrapping the show title's text. As it is, they could almost fit (3) lines of text. I wouldn't go to (3) lines though as I suspect it will scrunch the lettering way too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)