New Hopper with Sling upgrade pricing

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
West coast
Beginning 2/14, the cost to upgrade to a Hopper with Sling is being cut in half to $100 for most customers and $200 for others. The upgrade price for the Hopper v1 and Joeys will remain the same.

That was quick.:)

Last edited:
Hopper with Sling Upgrade Pricing Update!!!

Just got an update from Dish stating they are lowering the upgrade fee for the new Hopper with Sling.

Starting Feb. 14th the Hopper with Sling will be an upgrade fee of $100 for most qualifying customers and $200 for other qualifying customers. Don't forget that there is still a technician visit fee on top of that. So, starting Feb. 14th there will be a $100 decrease in the cost of upgrading to the new Hopper with Sling. It came sooner than I thought it would. Enjoy.

I accidentally placed this thread in the Dish Forum. Could a moderator please transfer this thread to the Hopper Zone? Thank you.

Wow...if true, that was a fast reduction. Guess they really wanted early adopters to pay up this time, huh?

On reflection, if I want one "old" Hopper and one "new" HWS, I would pay $100. If I went with two HWS, I'd pay $200. Joeys thrown in. HIC maybe thrown in. On Protection Plan, so no other fees?

On reflection, if I want one "old" Hopper and one "new" HWS, I would pay $100. If I went with two HWS, I'd pay $200. Joeys thrown in. HIC maybe thrown in. On Protection Plan, so no other fees?

No 1H + 1HWS = $150

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

No 1H + 1HWS = $150

So it's a no brainer to pay the extra $50 for two HWS and then sell/donate the Sling Adapter. Thanks.

I see my two ViP722s going away in the next couple of months.

I already have a Hopper, why would I need a tech visit to upgrade from the original to HWS?

Just standard procedure with Dish. You might be able to get the fee waived if you're lucky.

So it's a no brainer to pay the extra $50 for two HWS and then sell/donate the Sling Adapter. Thanks.

I see my two ViP722s going away in the next couple of months.

Yep! Since I already have three Hoppers, ill probably just get 1 HWS to replace one of the leased Hs.

There really shouldn't be a big need to replace both Hoppers with the Sling model. Unless you really want to use sling on two different devices, the transfer ability only needs to be on one receiver. I had two original Hoppers and just replaced one with the Sling model.

There really shouldn't be a big need to replace both Hoppers with the Sling model. Unless you really want to use sling on two different devices, the transfer ability only needs to be on one receiver. I had two original Hoppers and just replaced one with the Sling model.

I agree. If I didn't already have Hoppers I would probably get three HWSs though. Would be about the same amount (maybe even a tad less) than I paid for the Hs months ago.

Wow they did this early...

I heard the price cut was supposed to happen in March. :)

Methinks they might be a tad anxious to commit as many of us as possible to a new 2 year commitment. Or maybe they have a new value added service coming that only the HWS supports, and they want the new revenue stream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)