New HR-24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Bartlesville,OK
Just got DTV installed last week and so far Im very happy with it. I got two HR-24s, but the box said they were HR-24D 500s. I have not seen the D listed before. Does anyone know what it stands for?

Just got DTV installed last week and so far Im very happy with it. I got two HR-24s, but the box said they were HR-24D 500s. I have not seen the D listed before. Does anyone know what it stands for?

What does it say when you hold the 'info' button down on your remote? After a few seconds it should take you to a system info screen. Does it show the D there?

What does it say when you hold the 'info' button down on your remote? After a few seconds it should take you to a system info screen. Does it show the D there?

The unit it self doesn't have the D on it, but on the BOX it does have the D at least thats the way mine is/was.

I don't know where the box is for the 2nd one is, but the one I found does have the D on it.

Does anyone NOT have the D on the BOX, not the recvr.

Well, consider yourself luckily. It's a large complaint at DBS, where most of use see several blanks per week, and many have quit recording OTA for the time being. I was recording 15-20 hours per week, and 2-4/week went straight to keep/delete.

Well, consider yourself luckily. It's a large complaint at DBS, where most of use see several blanks per week, and many have quit recording OTA for the time being. I was recording 15-20 hours per week, and 2-4/week went straight to keep/delete.

Most do not see these problems.

There are problems with being able to record OTA signals, but they are very sparadic.

On a very small percentage, how many of those here on this site are having issues with it ?

If someone wants to make a poll, I'd be glad to put my vote in.

Fwiw, so far, I have had NO problems recording OTA signals.

I usually record about 10 hours a week OTA.

So, two people dont and one has problems, and we should make the guy feel better. Fact is, as more and more HR24's get out there, more and more new folks come forward about the issue (at DBS). Let's face it, the amount of HR24/AM21 users is prob small right now.

All Im saying is, the guy needs to know so he aint pissed about it. As far as a poll goes and comments from users here about the problems, Im sure all 20 of us can just comment without a poll...

I have one AM21 on one of my HR24s, I have had a few blank recordings (could be CE related, maybe not, I don't know), but other than that it works fine. I imagine they need to still tweak some stuff in the software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)