New install. MRDVR vs VOD vs Coax vs Ethernet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have tried unplugging EVERYTHING at once. Boxes, SWM power. :(

Call Directv support; they have extended hours for support. My guess is that the code is something they have in place to help them. That particular code is not yet published, where shared publicly that is.

If you want to do some up front troubleshooting, have you tried the coax diagnostics? On front panel of the 24 series boxes, you can press and hold right arrow and then briefly press guide and release both buttons and a diagnostics will pop-up. You can get results for the SWiM paths and connected DECA devices.

Not sure if this procedure has been posted in this forum but there are extensive details on this thread in another forum: DBSTalk.Com

Called D*and after waiting 10 minutes, rep disco call on transfer to tech support, called back, on hold 10 minutes again then getting to tech support.... They told me the important part of the code was the 79. He stated he stated it means the box is having intermitent connection to the network, not the internet. I have someone coming out. I am going to try swapping box locations before tech arrives to see if issue sticks with box.

Just an update. After swapping box locations, which should make no difference, everything is working perfect! Don't know why but it is. No tech visit. Wish I knew why this made a difference but I am not going to question a good thing.

Stu: Sounds like a nightmare. I had similar problem. The HR24 and the two H24 worked great with recorded shows. Next day I tried downloading something from the internet. NoGo. D* led me through to get it going. Later I see the H24 not seeing the HR24. I called back. Seems like DIRECTV did not tell the installer nor I, that I needed a DECA. It only costs $25 and the installer will bring it with him on Monday to install it. D* needs to relay this info before the new install.

My guess is that you have an iffy cable connection and the process of removing the boxes, swapping them and reconnecting them jiggled something into the working position.

I'll bet a tiny bit of money that if you swap them back and forth 5-6 times that they'll randomly work some times and not others with no rhyme or reason to which one is where, or that they'll always work now because you knocked something loose or tightened something up ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)