New Install ... Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msujohn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
I have just signed up for Dish and will get installed on Friday.
I have 4 TV's (2 HD and 2 SD).

Here is what I will be getting as I'm told:

- Dish 1000.2
- HD DVR 722 (Dual Tuner)
- HD 222 (Dual Tuner)

Besides staying with the installer the whole time, what else do I need to make sure happens? What signal strength should I be accepting?
Anything else?

If I decided to use an external hard drive as an extension to the HD Boxes (once I pay the hook up fee), can I swap the drive out between both boxes? Or will I have to get separate external hard drives for each Dish Box? Will I have to pay 2 hook up fees?

As I am new to satellite, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the dish setup as you do not list where you reside at. SS depends on the type of dish and lnb's (should be DPP, so over 40 may be acceptable, above 50 is better. wouldn't expect more than in 70's.)

External drives are movable between receivers on your account, but I don't believe the 222 has the software for the hard drive yet.

I'm in Frisco, Texas (75035). Do I need to make sure that I am pointed to certain satellites???

External drives are movable between receivers on your account, but I don't believe the 222 has the software for the hard drive yet.

Conflicting information about whether or not in the future they can be moved at will, or whether or not there will still be a 3-move limit.

3 move limit is still on, but if you unload ALL content from the EHD, the counter restarts.

regarding the ext hard drive. Will I have to pay for the hook up fee on both Dish HD boxes?

Is the HD 222 have the software capable for the use of an Ext Hard Drive?

Only the 622 and 722 are external-drive capable at this time.

It is possible that when/if external-drive support is released for non-DVR boxes, it will be incompatible with the 622/722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)