New Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

severedirkitis

Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Michigan
Just got installation completed yesterday. HR24 in the main room and H24 in the other room, with MVR. Hooked to my home's internet/network.

Couple of questions:
1. On-Demand channels are not showing up on the H24 (but are on the HR24). Should they be? or is On-Demand only available with the receiver containing the DVR?
2. Does the big blue ring on the front of the receiver mean anything? It's lit up on the HR24, but on the H24 it doesn't light up at all.

Just got installation completed yesterday. HR24 in the main room and H24 in the other room, with MVR. Hooked to my home's internet/network.

Couple of questions:
1. On-Demand channels are not showing up on the H24 (but are on the HR24). Should they be? or is On-Demand only available with the receiver containing the DVR?
2. Does the big blue ring on the front of the receiver mean anything? It's lit up on the HR24, but on the H24 it doesn't light up at all.

Not sure about the first question, but the second is easy. It doesn't really mean anything, but if you disable it, it will return when there is a software update. There is no ring on the H24, IIRC. If you want to disable the one on the HR24, push and hold the left side of the ring, then push the right side four times. The ring should go out.

On-Demand downloads content using your Internet connection to the hard drive for playback. The H24 won't have on-demand because it doesn't have a hard drive to store anything.

What you can do is select programming for on-demand download on the HR24, and stream it off the HR24's hard drive to the H24.

Not sure about the first question, but the second is easy. It doesn't really mean anything, but if you disable it, it will return when there is a software update. There is no ring on the H24, IIRC. If you want to disable the one on the HR24, push and hold the left side of the ring, then push the right side four times. The ring should go out.

I didn't know you could do that with the HR24's :)

The HR24 is so drastically different from the previous versions that I don't even notice blue ring .

It's a very dull compared to what it use to be, you can't use it as a Night Light anymore !
The D* logo is brighter than the ring.
Much better this time !

I didn't know you could do that with the HR24's :)

The HR24 is so drastically different from the previous versions that I don't even notice blue ring .

It's a very dull compared to what it use to be, you can't use it as a Night Light anymore !
The D* logo is brighter than the ring.
Much better this time !

Hey, how about that! I taught you something!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts