New Install

Not sure if these are helpful.

He ordered through a retailer, probably via mail flyer or something like that. Many of them use the Gift Cards as a part of their sign up.

To the OP, do you know what Dish is on your roof? The tech might just be able to use it, if it's a 1000.2 and if you buy the OTA, then yeah, he'd install it because you bought it - which you can do when the tech arrives. Calling Dish to add it probably won't work since you apparently ordered from a retailer but you can try that but if you buy it form the tech, he get's a commission. Something too think about

Attachments

• C9831BED-7C1E-4F28-A091-E26313C00292.jpeg
    C9831BED-7C1E-4F28-A091-E26313C00292.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 872BADD9-E8D8-4D38-B2C9-A87971278882.jpeg
    872BADD9-E8D8-4D38-B2C9-A87971278882.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 98F7E73F-FB0C-4554-A621-35FFAD766F00.jpeg
    98F7E73F-FB0C-4554-A621-35FFAD766F00.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 165
I will be getting my locals channels from Cincinnati. I was using the google machine and I saw some posts that seem to indicate you need a wing dish to get sat 77 for he hd local channels. What is a wing dish and do you know anything about that?

The mast is good,. but the dish, which is a 1000.4 Eastern Arc, will get swapped for a 1000.2 Eastern Arc. No big deal. Real easy

A wing dish is a secondary dish used to pull in an additional satellite signal. The dish that you have on your roof now does receive the 77° sat, in addition to the 61.5, and the 72.7. The 77 is no longer being used, so no wing dish necessary, regardless. I do know some guys that put a 1000.2 lnb onto those 1000.4 dishes, but your tech will most likely swap the entire thing out.
I will be getting my locals channels from Cincinnati. I was using the google machine and I saw some posts that seem to indicate you need a wing dish to get sat 77 for he had local channels. What is a wing dish and do you know anything about that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
When you say 77 is no longer used. Is that in every market or most markets? I found this website and it may be old but it says 77 is used in Cincinnati.

Local Channels on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing)

A wing dish is a secondary dish used to pull in an additional satellite signal. The dish that you have on your roof now does receive the 77° sat, in addition to the 61.5, and the 72.7. The 77 is no longer being used, so no wing dish necessary, regardless. I do know some guys that put a 1000.2 lnb onto those 1000.4 dishes, but your tech will most likely swap the entire thing out.

Capture.JPG
When you say 77 is no longer used. Is that in every market or most markets? I found this website and it may be old but it says 77 is used in Cincinnati.

Local Channels on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing)
You are correct. HD locals are on 77, SD on 110.

The tech would be best off making sure there are three cables coming from the dish you have and running them into a 42 Switch. The chance of him even having a wing dish, or Dish 500 are slim. We haven't had them inn over a year and I steal good ones I take down, just to make sure I'm prepared if I need on, but the wing dish is a 2nd dish that would get mounted near the one you have now, pointing directly at the 77. Then the cable would go to an input on the LNB for the 1000.2 Eastern Arc, integrating that Satellite into the system and bypassing the need for a separate switch

I know they are suppose to bring a 42 switch because I’m getting 2 Hopper 3’s and a Joey. If the tech doesn’t have a wing dish doesn’t that mean HD locals are not possible unless I do OTA?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell
I know they are suppose to bring a 42 switch because I’m getting 2 Hopper 3’s and a Joey. If the tech doesn’t have a wing dish doesn’t that mean HD locals are not possible unless I do OTA?

Sorry for the questions as I’m I don’t really understand the satellite world. I don’t even know the difference between 100.2 and 100.4 you mentioned earlier. I’m just trying to get a basic understanding of how this works so I know what to expect on Saturday.

Wow damn, I thought that sat was done. After Spanish programming was taken off it, I swear someone mentioned it was being decommissioned. TIL
View attachment 136650
You are correct. HD locals are on 77, SD on 110.

The tech would be best off making sure there are three cables coming from the dish you have and running them into a 42 Switch. The chance of him even having a wing dish, or Dish 500 are slim. We haven't had them inn over a year and I steal good ones I take down, just to make sure I'm prepared if I need on, but the wing dish is a 2nd dish that would get mounted near the one you have now, pointing directly at the 77. Then the cable would go to an input on the LNB for the 1000.2 Eastern Arc, integrating that Satellite into the system and bypassing the need for a separate switch

Reactions: HipKat
Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
Install was done today. 2 H3’s 1 J3. Everything seems to be working with the exception being OTA. I’m getting locals from Dish. I asked him about installing an OTA antenna. He went ahead and did the install.

The issue I’m having is local OTA is only working on the H3 in the basement. It doesn’t work or show up in the guide in the living room with the H3 or J3 upstairs. The tech said that’s because I have a 2 H3 system. Is this correct? I paid 149.00 so I could cancel locals but if locals will only work on one H3 that is kind of pointless.

Install was done today. 2 H3’s 1 J3. Everything seems to be working with the exception being OTA. I’m getting locals from Dish. I asked him about installing an OTA antenna. He went ahead and did the install.

The issue I’m having is local OTA is only working on the H3 in the basement. It doesn’t work or show up in the guide in the living room with the H3 or J3 upstairs. The tech said that’s because I have a 2 H3 system. Is this correct? I paid 149.00 so I could cancel locals but if locals will only work on one H3 that is kind of pointless.

You have to have a wire from an OTA antenna and a USB OTA adapter on each of the 2 H3's to see OTA on both units.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The mast is good,. but the dish, which is a 1000.4 Eastern Arc, will get swapped for a 1000.2 Eastern Arc.

My installer left the mast and struts and dish and installed the hybrid EA LNB with some sort of adapter/collar made for this purpose.
I do know some guys that put a 1000.2 lnb onto those 1000.4 dishes

Yup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts