New installer install time

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have no idea what his bill was it was not on my paperwork. I made over 200 for the job though. Which sucked in the long run but atleast I can say I did it :D

Last edited:
the site you posted.... on the left side has three video's which demonstrate the product... cool if it works that well

i Can do a 1 to 2 room install in about 1 hour...., a 3 and 4 room take 2 hours.....adding a 4*8 to any installtion takes an extra hour right off the bat.

The key to doing this and the way that I do it....."HOW WOULD I LIKE IT TO LOOK AT MY HOUSE". thats the way i make it look....

Other that the smart people on this site, you should be telling the customer what you are going to do and how you are going to do everything. You are the professional in their eyes.....

I also will tell the customer straight out that if i aint good at it, i am not going to it that way....wall fishing for one....but i will have to get the tool.

There are so many ways to do things and you just need to find the way that soots you best. Up here in North Dakota, with the snow, it slows everyone down, but we are still good. Just try not to out think what you are doing....there are times when you need to "THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX" but most of the time try not to "THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX" This is a easy job.....

How did you get into installing direcway? Is that part of DirecTV?

Not part of DTV. Its a Hughes company.

The former company I worked for did some direcway installs and I got certified when I worked there, but I work for a company now that handles P10 installs in Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, and some of Alabama.

www.hns.com
https://sf1.hns.com/dealer_inquiry/index.cfm

Contact hughes and find out who the distributer is in you area. From there they can help you get certified and then you can find a company in your area that installes direcway and see if you can get hooked up with them.

can the direcway work with a wireless router? I have two laptops running from a linksys wireless router.... just curious

Yes,

The modem works just like a DSL or Cable. DHCP server with Ethernet hookup. The only difference is you have an satellite in jack and satellite out jack.

What degree and elevation is the sat at so I can check it the next time I'm up on the property I'm moving to in April.

It depends on how hughes feels from day to day depends on which satellite you point at. It can range from 83 west to 127 west. Right now 83 is the one we are using. The satellites are 83,87,89,91,95,99,117,127 and I think 123 "there is another one but I have never used it. You can find the transponders on lyngsat.

www.lyngsat.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts