New IPTV - Foreign Television Service!

I am now recommending that people hold on on doing business with this company, today all of the Polish channels disapeared off their service.

They approached me as a very legit company and I know a few people who have been using them, however something seems strange.

PLEASE i hope they don't up and leave me. I have not yet subscribed to get the IPTV but i do have it online and so far they seem great. I need my RTR sport i can't get it on sattelite too many tree's around me. so this is now my only hope.

Lets say i get the reciever for $500.00 and they go out of bussiness. Will i still be able to get the russian Channels????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think they will go down?? i think they have just updated there website and from there customer service rep to;d me they have many Russian customers in the NY area and that they are working on alot of new things. maybe the polish TV was down for maintenace is it back up now??

I couln't get my russian TV this afternoon but now its fine.

Please tell me why do you think this company will go down??
MINSK1 what do you think.??

Minsk1,

What kind of box do you have? It seems like they have two types, one with component video.

RedAce,

Polish TV has dissapeared from their web site. Who is next?

Last edited:
OK so i talked to overseatv.com today and they said they dropped the Polish channels because there was very very little interest in them. They told me thay are looking to add more channels to the russian Package and german package.

Also that business is going well and there are looking to expand in other ways

Ok let me know what else you guys find out

There was a post on another thread that claimed the programming could not be recorded (DRM) and that the time difference made it hard to watch anything. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Redace,
Why don't you subscribe to it for $30 a month and if you don't like it, cancel it. Not sure why you are making this decision so hard.

joedoe said:
Minsk1,

What kind of box do you have? It seems like they have two types, one with component video.

I have CMS 500. It has component video out and it works, but PQ is the same as with S-Video output.
Again PQ is very good for channels I watch.
I don't know if they will survive. Several reasons.
1. Copyright. I don't know how it can be worked out or if providers will force to shutdown the service. The reality however is that Internet will just go on and at one time in the near future you will be able to watch any chanell from anyware in the world and for free.
2. They don't have best priced package now. Webtelek.com has the same Russian chanells over the Internet for $14.99/month. I think box is just more convinient to use. No need to run PC, make all connections, etc. So for now I stay with the box. But if Webtelek or somebody else will offer better I'll switch.
3. They need to imrove the software. Right now there is no guide, it takes 15-20 sec. and several remote clicks to switch chanells.

overseatv

I signed up for the service about three weeks ago, as the wife is German and would like to watch something other than the overpriced channels with get from dishnetwork. However, I have to say that the picture quality has been unwatchable. I signed up for the $99 box (Ariza) and billed monthly. I contacted support and had the CMS box sent out. Unfortunately, the picture quality from it is as bad or worse in some cases.

When I say poor picture quality, I am referring to analog issues, primarily. Both boxes had very bad interlace issues. Any movement resulted in jagged lines, etc. On top of this, the CMS box had noticable digital defects due to overcompression -- thus providing a worse picture than the Ariza box.

In talking with someone who subscribed to the computer feeds for the world cup, he mentioned that there was even interlace issues noticable there. So, I don't know if it is an issue with the receiving and then subsequent recompression, or what.

And, in all honesty, their first level support is useless. All they wanted to do was go through a set script, which was a waste of time -- given the problems had nothing to do with bandwidth, synicng, etc.

I am waiting for another call back, but am planning on returning the bo:mad:es) and cancelling the service. The replacement CMS box just showed up an hour ago and was a disappointment.

Sounds like they are really compressing those channels. Have you tried a different television set? That is probably not the issue since you see pixelating type of issues.

I just ordered this from OverseaTV.
What kind and size of TV are you hooking up? Are you using RCA's, or S-video? What's the speed of your internet?
How is the onscreen guide? and the remote?
I'll get my box on Tuesday and now I'm worried...

I have a different experience with this company than many here have had. I originally signed up for service (an online account) in July of this year.

After a week of service, I wanted to change my password. A simple affair for an online service, right? Wrong. Even though my password for account maintenance changed, the password for actually viewing content did not change. After a frustrating exchange of e-mails with their support in India, I learned that because their streaming content comes from another supplier altogether, changing my password was not possible, nor would tech support make an effort to get it changed.

(Wait, it gets worse...)

Upon learning this, I terminated my account. Since that point, I have received on three separate occasions bills for additional months of service. Fortunately, the person who handles their stateside billing questions is accessible and addresses problems as they surface; nevertheless, the back office operations, located overseas, creates even more problems.

I have been lucky in that my general dealings with overseas technical support and customer service have been nominal. Unfortunately, this episode gives me a taste of the incompetence many people now regularly experience with the likes of Dell, Amazon, & numerous credit card providers.

Has anyone else had similar experience with OverseaTV?

I have been using it for a few months, and I love the service. But I agree, their customer service has some issues. I got double-billed one month, and sent a message requesting a refund. That was not taken care of. So I sent another. That was also promised to be resolved, and was not. My third message indicated that if I did not see the credit within 5 days, they would be receiving a charge back from the credit card company. I saw the credit in 3.

I am willing to overlook the issues given that the service is reliable, and the quality is as good as one could expect for a service like this in its infancy. I am just happy to be able to watch and record stations that I could not otherwise receive.

In your case, just threaten a chargeback, and if they don't perform the credit, just call your credit card company.

I just wanted to say that i have had the service now for about 2 months and at this point i have nothing buy good things to say about it. Everything has gone very smooth for me when dealing with customer service and tech support. hook up was easy and quick and quality and relabilty so far are good.

I have the Russian package and i to am just happy to be able to get the channels that otherwise i could not get. The Pic quality is better then what i had expected But it is not great only good. i have found switching to a S-cable helped and i hope soon that as i get a new TV and componet cables that the video quality will improve a little more. i am not expecting great things but i feel also that this technolgy is only just getting started and that in time things will only get better with more chocies and better quality.

My internet connection is 6meg down, 768k up. Connectivitiy on it has been fine. I was using 27" JVC standard TV. I was using the RCA cables. I also tried both the Ariza and CMS boxes.

My wife, who is from Germany, commented that the quality reminded her of trying to watch TV in germany in the 70s and early 80s. Actually, it was worse.

Given my interaction with them, I can't recommend OverseaTV in any way, shape, or form. Support was a joke. The first level people seem to be a bunch of monkeys who want to read from a script. Email interaction was equally lacking. When I asked about the interlace issue, the response was "can we send you the other box?"

They are doing something on the encoding side that is causing the poor quality.

I guess, for now, I will be stuck dealing with the ever so exiting "german stations" offered up by DishNetworks and wait for other options to come down the pipe.

Again, I understand this is a new offering and I was not expecting anything great, but when the interlacing issue was even visible on the "unzoomed" image produced by the Ariza box, there are problems. The choice of script following droids for first level support never helps either.

Don't know about the German pack, but I watch the Russian package on 61" Hitachi HDTV and PQ is very good, maybe 80% of Dish SD PQ.
User guide, however, is a joke. It is very slow and sometimes is not working. But it is not a major concern now.
What I am looking for now is that maybe it will be worth switching to Webtelek.com. They have same channels for $14.95 (twice less), but only on the Internet. Now I finished my connections proejct and it is not a problem to send a signal from my PC to TV. Actually it is just one button click on Harmony remote:)

I just wanted to let everyone know i talked to customer service yesterday because of a billing issue which was taken care of quickly anyway she told me that OverseaTV is working on some updateds that will hopefully improve there
Picture quality and that these sould be comming soon.

Ok just wanted to share that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)