New IPTV - Foreign Television Service!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US is partnering with OverSeaTV to bring you Live Television from Europe at half the cost of the Satellite Companies!

OverSeaTV is an IPTV service which requires a user to have a broadband internet connection of at least 1.5 Mbps.

Like ITVN there is a Set Top Box so you can enjoy programming on your television, however unlike ITVN you can also watch via any computer by logging into your account and using Windows Media.

OverSeaTV offers programming in the following languages:

RUSSIAN - GERMAN - ITALIAN - UKRANIAN - POLISH

Service is as low as $19.99 a month if you watch via your PC.​

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS NEW SERVICE PLEASE CLICK HERE.

Scott Greczkowski said:
SatelliteGuys.US is partnering with OverSeaTV to bring you Live Television from Europe at half the cost of the Satellite Companies!

OverSeaTV is an IPTV service which requires a user to have a broadband internet connection of at least 1.5 Mbps.

Like ITVN there is a Set Top Box so you can enjoy programming on your television, however unlike ITVN you can also watch via any computer by logging into your account and using Windows Media.

OverSeaTV offers programming in the following languages:

RUSSIAN - GERMAN - ITALIAN - UKRANIAN - POLISH

Service is as low as $19.99 a month if you watch via your PC.​

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS NEW SERVICE PLEASE CLICK HERE.

What about English? I mean they are filling a niche for foriegn language broadcasts but I don't think many of us speak those languages. What about some UK, Canadian or Australian programming?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Easy there, Rome was not built in a day. :)

Yes I know. Is there some kind of road block from getting Australian, UK or Canadian
TV? I see where the sat companies don't offer them and you know there has to be a lot of people interested in it.

I really can't figure out why we cant get Canadian Channels here in the US.

I would also love to see stuff from the UK and Austrailia. :)

I have this service for four months already and recommended it here several times to people looking for International channels.
I use the service with IPTV box and find the PQ to be very good, I think even better then with Dish.
Number of channels (12 in Russian pack) is much more then with E* or D* Russian packs. And they have channels directly from Russia and not remanufactured ones here in US.
Some drawbacks:
Switching channels is 10-15 sec.
No guide as of now. It is great if you will find some online guide.
You need fast DSL and/or cable in order to use this service.

Minsk1 said:
I have this service for four months already and recommended it here several times to people looking for International channels........

Is it live TV or with delay to our time (ET)?

Questions for Minsk

As of July 5th;

OverseaTV has just acquired the 12 top channels directly from Russia:

ORT, NTV, Kultura, Rossiya, Sport, Nostalgia, CTC, TNT, MUZ TV, Detski Mir, TV Centr, and REN TV.

These channels are streamed at a higher bitrate for better picture quality, and they are TIME SHIFTED 8 hours, so now you can watch primetime Russian TV during Prime Time in North America.

There is no extra charge for existing customers. Your packages have already been automatically updated.

Watch for amazing new features with the EPG and website in the coming months!
I am very interested in these channels.

Minsk, what is the quality like? I have NTV on DISH now. Are you running this box wired or wireless from your router? Mine would have to be wireless. They mention an EPG on the website, but you say they have no guide yet, do you know when one is expected?

Thanks!

How about copy rights?
Can they just simply rebroadcast live Russian TV in Canada or USA without licenses?
I believe that’s way we can not see live TV from UK or Australia TV.
They can broadcast only International version, like BBC America (with shows produced only in UK)

I think soon they will have some legal problem and will be shut down (just thoughts).
Any comments?

This is why they are not broadcasting UK stuff as they dont have the necessary permission to do so, like they do for these other services.

I will answer some questions. My answers are mostly about Russian pack. But I think some of the answers will cover other packs as well.

1. Is it live TV or with delay to our time (ET)?
They started the service with 8 live channels. In July, they switched to 12 channels delayed by 8 hours. I like this feature a lot. Actually I watch it now more then before.

2. What is the quality like? PQ is very good and I watch it on 61" widescreen Hitachi. Better then Dish Russian pack was when I had it two years ago. I cancelled it because couldn't stand add on content from US, like news in Russian from NY studio, etc.

3. Guide. There is no guide now and switching channels require several button clicks. I will eventually program switch operations into my Harmony remote. Their remote sucks big time.

4. How about copy rights?
They have only free to air channels, but I think it is some kind of grey area right now. Maybe they will have some legal problems and maybe they will be shut down. But everything works fine now.

Last edited:
Dsl Speed

Just checked my dsl speed and it topped out at 1.258 mbs so I guess the service is a no-go for me. It would be nice to try it though. What is involved with the 15 day free trial?

The 1.258 mbps should be plenty of bandwidth, given the rate on the Italian channels is 600-900 kpbs. I think they state that you need 1.5 mbps to be safe.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Service is as low as $19.99 a month if you watch via your PC.
So, how much does it cost if you use it with their STB?

Never mind, I found the answer on their web site: it's either $99 for the box and $34.95/month or $550 one-time with no monthly fee.

OK so i am Really interested in thisa and in the russian Channels
Can anyone please tell me is RTR sport available on this??? I need RTR sport be cause i NEED MY RUSSIAN HOCKEY!!!!!!

Can i get RTR sport on this????????

OK if anyone knows PLEASE let me know.

Daniel.

RedAce said:
OK so i am Really interested in thisa and in the russian Channels
Can anyone please tell me is RTR sport available on this??? I need RTR sport be cause i NEED MY RUSSIAN HOCKEY!!!!!!

Can i get RTR sport on this????????

OK if anyone knows PLEASE let me know.

Daniel.

Yes, but PQ is not so good as with other channels. But I tuned to it maybe 3 times in 4 months.

Minsk1 thanX so you really like the service and how everything works????
I am getting really interested and if for sure they carry RTR Planeta sport then i am VERY VERY Interested to get it.

Please tell me the good things about it and the bad things.

I live in New york long Island and i use Optimum online cable internet is this good to use?? OK let me know
Daniel

RedAce said:
Minsk1 thanX so you really like the service and how everything works????
I am getting really interested and if for sure they carry RTR Planeta sport then i am VERY VERY Interested to get it.

Please tell me the good things about it and the bad things.

I live in New york long Island and i use Optimum online cable internet is this good to use?? OK let me know
Daniel

Good: They have real channels from Russia, so they have RTR Sport and not RTR Planeta Sport. They have Rossia and not RTR Planeta, they have NTV and not NTV America. This is much better. PQ is good. At least for major channels. RTR Sport PQ is not as good as others. They have 12 total channels.
Bad: Price. Although first I considered it good, now I think it is a little bit high. For new subscribers with the box (you connect it like satellite box to TV or DVD Recorder, yes you can record from the box) it is 34.95/month. This price is much better then you will get with Dish and/or with D* for much less channels. Then if you use it with your PC, no box, the price is 19.95. What is bad? You can get the same 12 channels for 14.99 at www.webtelek.com.

Legal Problems...

I would not put my money on a long term survival of this company. It may only take a couple of weeks until they are history.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)