rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Over in thread DBSTalk.Com the posted a new backdoor option. Since it's available only in the CE they asked in a later post that it only be discussed in the CE forums, OK.

Do a Keyword search (all) to turn Skip-to-Tick on or off:

On: SUPERSKIPTOTICK
Off: SUPERSKIPTOTICKOFF

When on, {<<} followed by {REPLAY} will jump to the previous tick mark (no press & hold) and {>>} followed by {ADVANCE} will jump to the next tick mark .. WooHoo!

So this is equivilant to holdig the >> button for a few seconds, to skip to the next tick mark (generally 30 minutes in long recordings)?

Nice feature, as my universal remote is not "holding key" friendly.

NOTE: This in in the HR2x series only starting with CE release 0x0263 from 8/8 (and later)

So this is equivilant to holdig the >> button for a few seconds, to skip to the next tick mark (generally 30 minutes in long recordings)?

Nice feature, as my universal remote is not "holding key" friendly.

Yep, that's it. I like it since at times the box doesn't see the key being held down and next thing I know I'm in 2X, 3X or 4X FF vs. the skip I wanted.

Sweet! Especially now with the 7-hour olympic recoding blocks on the specialty channels. Unfortunately, I skipped this last CE, so I will have to wait until the weekend to catch up with the technology. :(

BTW, having now used this feature to zip through the long runs of Olympic recordings I can say that it's about time this feature was available. Really missed this from the old Tivo days. Two VERY Enthusiastic Thumbs Up for the brain trust over at D* for getting this in!!! :up :up

I also have been very appreciative of this feature using my generic universal remote and now I can skip sections again. (The remote is not press-n-hold friendly). A very nice improvement.

I also have been very appreciative of this feature using my generic universal remote and now I can skip sections again. (The remote is not press-n-hold friendly). A very nice improvement.

From what I read on the boards, no universal remote has been very press-n-hold friendly. I, too, love this new feature. I had missed it from my TIVO. I do hope they modify it a bit, so that it doesn't go back to 'play' at the next tick. I want to quickly get from beginning to end, or vice-versa.

Sweet! Especially now with the 7-hour olympic recoding blocks on the specialty channels.
You got that right. The Olympics are a pain to fast forward through especially since most go to bed before the girls gymnastics conclude every night or morning that is. The next day you have to go through hours and hours of recorded video to see the end of it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts