New Lafayette Changes aren't biding well with fanbase...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
Well July 1's big changes in Lafayette DMA market has hit a snag and it goes beyond the big affiliate swap.

First, possibly the only good thing is that KPLC was spared getting removed, that honor went to WVLA, which KLAF programming comes from.

Second, the fox 15 lineup is having technical issues. Every 30 seconds it freezes and loses signal which has been going on for 3 weeks. KLAF is hd on 15 though. A large fanbase is pushing 15 to launch buzzr and getting the station to have a new tower built just for KLAF. Then the new NBC hasn't gotten noticed by alot of people anyway, maybe when the news team comes in 2016 they'll notice.

Third, the replacement of Antenna TV, Heroes and Icons may have severed the relationship between Delta Media and some of the local fan base. A lot of people are upset of H&I replaced AntTV on cox 9 and cox has received calls to put it on as well as This. The other big stink is why this is on both 22.1 KDCG and 32.1 KXKW. I asked them but didn't get any answer.

Fourth, KLFY has been getting alot of messages and calls when the LWN replacement is launching and some want them and their owner to put channels on the .2, .3, and .4. Apparently I seem to have more of a huge ota fanbase in Lafayette than I thought. Literally some of these folks are red as crawfish. We'll see as time goes on if the new shuffle will be accepted.

A large fanbase is pushing 15 to launch buzzr and getting the station to have a new tower built just for KLAF.
cant for 2 reasons
-KLAF is low powered. You just can't petition to upgrade to full power
-Lets say hypothetically KLAF can go full powered. Then the FCC will force Nexstar to sell 46 or 15. You can't own 2 of the Big 4 nets in a smaller market (less than 8 full powered stations). BUT the loophole is you CAN own a LP station and throw a network on it. Thats why its on 46 to begin with and then mirrored on 15-2. Thats what Gray did in Wisconsin. Buy everything from the Fox affiliate there except the transmitter and they threw Fox on a low powered station as noted here
Gray could not buy WFXS' license because ownership caps prohibit one company from owning more than one of the top four full-power TV stations in a market. However, LPTV stations are not covered by ownership rules.

cant for 2 reasons
-KLAF is low powered. You just can't petition to upgrade to full power
-Lets say hypothetically KLAF can go full powered. Then the FCC will force Nexstar to sell 46 or 15. You can't own 2 of the Big 4 nets in a smaller market (less than 8 full powered stations). BUT the loophole is you CAN own a LP station and throw a network on it. Thats why its on 46 to begin with and then mirrored on 15-2. Thats what Gray did in Wisconsin. Buy everything from the Fox affiliate there except the transmitter and they threw Fox on a low powered station as noted here
Gray could not buy WFXS' license because ownership caps prohibit one company from owning more than one of the top four full-power TV stations in a market. However, LPTV stations are not covered by ownership rules.

Yeah i see exactly where your coming at. Its been crazy H&I has not been received well, as a matter of fact so is the NBC debut. Heck I like the changes, at least Delta Media kept Antenna

I will admit with 4 and soone to be 6 diginets I am greedy for more. Still upset as to why I cant get 46.1 over the air when I am only 13 miles West of KLAF. When I was getting it good. I still haven't gotten an answer why This TV is on both 22.1 KDCG and KXKW 32.1 I mean launch something else. Also still trying to get the answer on why I cant get KLAF anymore on the 46.1, the tower is not that short that you cant receive it 13 miles away. Well they can get mad because I will let them know until I get my answer. As for Media General and KLFY, when we get something we get something. I am at the point to where I could really care less. They knew in January it was coming off. Hey play the dumb political role, MG is third rate at best. If I ever get answers to the other two points of view I will post. Thanks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts