New local (Cleveland) HD channels are on!!!

By the way, "19 Action News HD" is currently on, so I can now officially confirm that channel 5201 is indeed HD! :D

Happy to hear its in HD, but sorry to hear I'm going to have to see those bozos on 19 action news in HD. )

I didn't have to force anything. It appeared on its own.
Just make sure you are looking at "All subscribed" or "All HD" guides.

I know, but I want to record shows tonight in HD, not SD. My HD locals only show the next show that is on, not anything past that.

I don't know. Mine is already populated through 4/18...

CONGRATS CLEVELAND! About time someone on this board has something to happy about. It does seem that there are those who don't relish in the happiness of others. Everybody is self serving that's for sure.

CONGRATS CLEVELAND! About time someone on this board has something to happy about. It does seem that there are those who don't relish in the happiness of others. Everybody is self serving that's for sure.
Well, we waited for years to get Cleveland locals in HD. Sure we can wait another week to get USA or SciFi. :D

Are they only on the 61.5? I live in WV, but I "live" in Atlanta :D. I would like to get something a little closer to home for regional sports and I am not pointed at 61.5.

Are they only on the 61.5? I live in WV, but I "live" in Atlanta :D. I would like to get something a little closer to home for regional sports and I am not pointed at 61.5.

I actually live about 15 feet from the border of Cleveland, alas I am not pointed at 61.5. (I am a noob with this and I don't want to call Smitty again and bother him) I see from a system info screen that I am getting 119, 110, and 129 (is that right)

The wife wants to see locals in HD less than she wants another dish on the house...

I guess I will have to wait till the locals are mirrored on some other bird or if Smitty's install goes well I can take his HD antenna so I can get stuff OTA.

The wife is ok with an antenna, but not another dish.

I have cancelled my HD install twice in the last 3 weeks solely based on the information here about CLE HD locals on 61.5 and Dish telling me they would be on 129 and 61.5. It still blows my mind that they would of installed a 1000 as late as this past Sat, charge me $75 and then want another $60 or a 24-month commitment 4 days later to come out and give me a 61.5.

So what do I request now? 1000.2 or two dishes? I currently have the 500 with SD service waiting to see how this played out. I have to thank the good people on here for saving me some heartache.

Just did a chat to see what kind of info I would be given and TWO different CSR(s) are still insisting the CLE HD Locals are on 129 - ha ha - Jeesh

Got my 61.5 installed. The tech installed a Dish 1000.2 and a dish 500 for 61.5/110/119/129. NO 24 Month commit and NO charge. They tried to charge me 99.00 for the install but they will wave it! just be pushy

Question about Cleveland HD locals?

I have a Dish 1000 with 110/119/129 access. My receiver is a VIP622. I have an OTA antenna to get the locals in HD, but WOIO 19 never comes in. I see that the Cleveland locals are available in HD, but what will I have to do to get them? I looked at the Dish website and it said the locals are on satellite 61.5. I called Dish and they said I would need to have my dish taken down and a new one put up. I made the appointment for two weeks from now. I am worried that I will lose Fox Sports Ohio HD and Sportstime Ohio HD after reading this forum. Are these two channels only available on 129? Should I cancel the appointment? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)