new member with r22-100 dvr question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill64

Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
western massachusettes
hello everyone new guy here with a question on a new installed system.
i just had a direct tv satellite system put in (first time satellite user).
my dvr plus receiver stays running 24/7. model# r22nc-100.
what stays running is a cooling fan or hard drive. ( it's not recording at the time or anything like that, blue lights are all off, yellow recording light off as well).
i was not sure that was normal so i called the installing co. and was told that was not normal and had to call direct tv for permission for them to change out receiver.
called direct tv and they told me it is normal operation.
who is right??????
thanks bill

Directv is DVRs and all satellite receivers never turn off completely. They are always downloading information. With a DVR you are probably hearing a hard drive but it also could be a cooling fan look at the back for the cooling fan.

thank you

thank you for the info boba, yeah the dvr receiver is allways pulling air through the case. i also have a standard receiver for another tv (much smaller). for the heck of it i measured the temps of both with a ir thermometer and both read about 77 degrees f after a long shut down period.
must be the dvr receiver with the hard drive creates more heat even when off thus needing a fan. well i guess i have some learning to do!

thanks and have a great new year !
bill

thank you for the info boba, yeah the dvr receiver is allways pulling air through the case. i also have a standard receiver for another tv (much smaller). for the heck of it i measured the temps of both with a ir thermometer and both read about 77 degrees f after a long shut down period.
must be the dvr receiver with the hard drive creates more heat even when off thus needing a fan. well i guess i have some learning to do!

thanks and have a great new year !
bill

The R22-100's fan is inside by the hard drive.Other manufacturers that make DirecTV DVRs put the fan in the back.
If your R22-100 runs 77 degrees f it's running cold.Mine runs between 103 to 111 depending on the time of the year.Other DirecTV DVRs can run up to 125 and alittle higher and be OK.About 145 degrees f alot of DVRs will start rebooting.You can check your temperature in System Info.(Hold Info button 5 seconds).
When you go into standby(turn the power button off) the R22-100 will maintain a 90 minute buffer of the channel it's on.That's also when it does a little housekeeping.

Well that's alittle information on the R22-100,Enjoy!.I really enjoy mine!.:)

:hatsoff::welcome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)