Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I noticed the other day the new set up for my DVR on the menu's and guides, they looks great and very clean.

Is this just for the DVR's? I have 2 HD boxes as well, that did not get the update.

Actually, Brewer4, the -700 is the only one to get the white GUI officially. The only -100s that got it were the ones participating in the CE release last Thursday and Friday nights. However, the release of a CE download means that the national release is not very far away. When that happens, you'll get the download automatically, most likely overnight one night.

Yes you are right. I bet the national release comes out this week or next for the -100. So hard to tell with all the CE's I keep downloading where the national release was.

I also read somewhere, I think DBS Talk, that the white GUI will eventually be rolled out to H20 and will be the D* standard GUI

I also read somewhere, I think DBS Talk, that the white GUI will eventually be rolled out to H20 and will be the D* standard GUI

Thats correct. The HR20-700 is the most important receiver out there and the CE's most popular receiver so its been the one to get the new stuff first. Now that the HR20-100 tests look good, next step will be HR20-100 national release probably followed by a H20 CE test somewhere down the road.

The new colors are great. They make everything easier to read.

:welcome

First time poster but lurker I see. I agree, I really think the new GUI is fantastic. That and the other improvements and stability convinced me to ditch my HR10-250 and rely solely on HR20's. So far very happy with that decision. The real test will be the Fall when my DVR's get a work out.

I noticed the new network option in the settings menu, so I put a usb wireless drive in the back and I go through the motions, it picks up the network but cannot connect.

Not sure if this can go any further or not buti hope so..I am using a WEP secured set up and there is no where for me to put the netowrk key in so I am guessing that is my issue..

Anyone else notice or try this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)