GEOSATpro New microHD Firmware Release: GSPMHD_20130626 Available for USB and Satellite Update (OTA-SSU) 06/26

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
June 26th, 2013

Minor Firmware Update is Available

GEOSATpro firmware GSPMHD_20130626 for USB Update and maincode 2013-6-26 for Satellite Update
(via Galaxy 19, freq. 12115, PID 330)

Warning: The GSPMHD_20130626 / maincode date 2013-2-18 is a main system file and will overwrite all user settings and channel scans.

We strongly recommend users to perform a Factory Reset and Remove the Power Plug for 10 seconds to power cycle the STB after the firmware update is completed.

Important Clarification about loading .udf files created with previous firmware versions. We DO NOT recommend loading old User Database files (.udf) that were saved on previous firmware versions older than 0.13. While the saved .udf file may be fine and cause no operational issues, the file could contain data that will cause the microHD to enter a reboot cycle. Please follow our recommendation of rebuilding your channel list using the database file that is in this firmware.

You may safely load any User Data Base (.udf) file created and saved from a microHD operation on firmware version 0.13 or newer. If you have an older User Data Base created with firmware older than 0.13, use the attached new Satellite/ Transponder list. If you use a switch or motor, you will need reconfigure and re-enter your location Longitude and Latitude settings.

MicroHD Firmware Notes:

Date: 6/26/2013
Version: GSPMHD_20130626 / maincode dated 2013-6-26

• Modified PID/SID Auto Update - Modified the PID/SID auto update function to prevent overwriting of existing program and service identifications.
  • Corrected Motor Move - Motor movement is now continuous between two motor positions or calculations. GoTo X time is now set for 60 second timeout for correct positioning with some non-compliant DiSEqC 1.2 devices.
  • Satellite List - Name Changes

Attachments

• GSPMHD_20130626.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,082
Last edited:
Reactions: mimie
I loaded this firmware, and did the factory reset and power cycle. I then had to redo the (HDMI) tv settings right away to 1080p_60 as they were weird, and I couldn't see what they were due to this, so I changed them blind. I then reloaded my userdb.udf, and power cycled again. I had to redo my manual clock settings, my USALS settings, AND recreate all my timers from scratch as it lost them completely this time! I could have sworn those timers were saved in the userdb.udf file? Not a big deal, but that threw me for a loop because I didn't expect it and write them down, and I have 11 of them.

I thought the new "sid lock" feature was going to be a menu switch toggle? If so, where is it because I can't find it?

Thanks!

Sorry, the FTP for the satellite update is temporarily down for maintenance this weekend. Waiting for it to come bank online. Will post as soon as the file is in the steam.

The PID lock menu could not be implemented at this time as the change cascaded through the database and would require another week or more to complete. 90% working, but the 10% would introduce too many errors. The menu SID/PID lock will be a future project along with the BISS menu.

And the support will continue to evolve as long as the STB remains a viable receiver that hobbyists enjoy using! :D
Brian,don't mean to hijack but,,I had a stupid?bright ?idea the other day and just wondering.Would it be possible to have the ability to choose from any audio channel in a mux to go with a particular video channel ?I know you can go in and change pids and so on but I would like just a dropdown list with all the audios in a mux.There are times when I want to watch this picture but I want the sound from that channel.If you catch my drift.:D

And the support will continue to evolve as long as the STB remains a viable receiver that hobbyists enjoy using! :D
AND from personal experience --- I had a problem with a Mercury II a while back (OK, maybe over a year ago) and one quick call got it going again. That receiver was purchased Sept. 2007!
(deleted a previous post, because without quote it meant little)

Hi Brian, I finally got around to loading this version. I notice the "Blue Dot, Scrambled" message doesn't time out, stays on screen all the time.
Is there an issue that prevented you from being able make that message time out? I was hoping for that to be in this release.
Thanks again for great support for a great little box!

Hi Brian
is there a timeline for the next update ?. Also what specific improvements in the last update were addressed? other than the overwrite of This and now scrambled Movies channel ?

Updates are released as development progresses. We are currently working on more detailed blind scan resolution without negatively affecting the accuracy and speed. This is a highly critical modification that requires extensive testing of every scan variable. Very time consuming...

Updates are always released with notes. Example post #1 of this thread:
  • Modified PID/SID Auto Update - Modified the PID/SID auto update function to prevent overwriting of existing program and service identifications.
  • Corrected Motor Move - Motor movement is now continuous between two motor positions or calculations. GoTo X time is now set for 60 second timeout for correct positioning with some non-compliant DiSEqC 1.2 devices.
  • Satellite List - Name Changes

Succesful re-boot issue fixed

Hi everyone,
Satellite AV did a excellent job telling me how to fix my problem. These Folks are outstanding in their help to us first timer purchasers and installer.
I bought my system from them on e-bay and set it up with a motor and presto. TV in the hills at my cabin. I made a mistake loading the updates
and they told me to contact Dave on E-Bay for the ttl cable. The solution was so easy a mountain man to do it.
Thanks to all your free info and willing to help.Dave was also excellent in sending the cable with my new backup receiver.
Danny

Hi Brian;

Have a suggestion for the next update or perhaps I missed how to do it. When you open up the favorites list the box automatically tunes to the last channel you used on the favorites list. More often than not the dish starts to swing to another satellite. Is there a way to open the favorites menu without automatically tuning to a channel? If it would let me open the list and wait for me to select the channel I want it would help. Btw..this is quickly becoming the most favorite little box I've used.

Thanks for your suggestion. The favorites list has been set-up to provide the quickest route from point A to point B. It could have been set-up the way that you suggest, but we chose this method to quickly set a dish motor on the selected satellite and return to the last viewed channel.

Too-mae-toe / toe-mat-toe, which is right? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)