Status
Please reply by conversation.

boom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
NJ
Hello all...

I've been reading about FTA since I found out the old TV antenna from the 80s on my roof could grab crystal clear OTA HD channels :D

I ordered a 36" Ku motorized setup from Sadoun the other day, should be here Monday, I'm excited..

At some point I'd like to try and find a C band dish...but I'll wait on that for a little bit.

That said, I'm mainly looking for random wild feeds and or sports feeds. I'm slightly concerned that I'll not find much in this department with only Ku. Any opinions on this from you veterans?

I should be able to hit most if not all the North America FTA birds.. (and if I still lived on the beach I bet I could hit Atlantic ones!)

Thanks all!

boom, there are a lot of Ku wild feeds up there to hunt and view, and some sports feeds on Ku also.

Which receiver are you getting with your Sadoun setup? The majority of the HD sports feeds are on C-band, but if you are starting with a SD (standard definition) receiver you couldn't get those anyway.

A lot of the sports feeds are also DVB-S2 and 4:2:2 signal types, these also take a more capable receiver.

Welcome to SatGuys, read the FAQ's and sticky threads, and ask your questions, we all started where you are right now. :)

Awesome...

I ordered the SatHawk HD PVR-800 with my dish from Sadoun. Reading some reviews in the other thread - it seems capable - but has a few issues.

There are some sports feeds on Ku on 72W, 74W, and 91W. (Also 105W, but those tend to be almost all 4:2:2 video, which the SatHawk won't do. Sometimes there's 4:2:2 on the other birds too.)

There are news feeds on those birds plus others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)