new nfusion, invacom motorized setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satgrabber

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Hi good people,
So I bought a whole p-pot full of gear and now what do I do? Obviously I am new to setting up an FTA system. Soooo, at present their is a 35 inch dish on the side of the house, pointing roughly south at about a 46 degree azimuth. It has DiSEqC
1.2 motorized H-H motor. I have an Invacom Quad L C L C LNB with one coax cable
going from the L terminal into the motor, and from the motor directly into the Nfusion IF input and a yellow RCA cable from Nfusion video out into the TV.
I am looking at the menu. I have got the motor to move both east and west with the remote only but it will notmove by pressing the button on the motor itself. There was a signal of sorts from NSS10 at about 40 that seems to stay the same
no matter where I move the dish. I read all the books last night until I burnt out.
I would be very happy just to see some kind of picture even if it was Ruskie or
any thing!
I am in Arizona 86329. Any help is much appreciated.

Being as NSS10 is at 3.9° above the horizon you may be getting noise from the earth rather than signal from the satellite. I don't know anything about you Nfusion receiver, it may or may not play well with a motor. I would set up your system first without a motor. Get comfortable with how it all works, then try your motor. Pick a strong satellite such as AMC 4 (101 W) or G25 (97 W) and a strong transponder (see http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/85225-i-need-strong-transponder-aim-my-dish.html)
Then use a satellite finder program such as:GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV.
By the way Welcome!!!!:welcome
We are here to help.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)