new nfusion, invacom motorized setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satgrabber

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Hi good people,
So I bought a whole p-pot full of gear and now what do I do? Obviously I am new to setting up an FTA system. Soooo, at present their is a 35 inch dish on the side of the house, pointing roughly south at about a 46 degree azimuth. It has DiSEqC
1.2 motorized H-H motor. I have an Invacom Quad L C L C LNB with one coax cable
going from the L terminal into the motor, and from the motor directly into the Nfusion IF input and a yellow RCA cable from Nfusion video out into the TV.
I am looking at the menu. I have got the motor to move both east and west with the remote only but it will notmove by pressing the button on the motor itself. There was a signal of sorts from NSS10 at about 40 that seems to stay the same
no matter where I move the dish. I read all the books last night until I burnt out.
I would be very happy just to see some kind of picture even if it was Ruskie or
any thing!
I am in Arizona 86329. Any help is much appreciated.

Being as NSS10 is at 3.9° above the horizon you may be getting noise from the earth rather than signal from the satellite. I don't know anything about you Nfusion receiver, it may or may not play well with a motor. I would set up your system first without a motor. Get comfortable with how it all works, then try your motor. Pick a strong satellite such as AMC 4 (101 W) or G25 (97 W) and a strong transponder (see http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/85225-i-need-strong-transponder-aim-my-dish.html)
Then use a satellite finder program such as:GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV.
By the way Welcome!!!!:welcome
We are here to help.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.