New NPS Packages and price changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iammike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Roanoke,VA
Just got the e-mail below from NPS. Looks like the AD package is getting some more channels and they're also adding a new AD Essentials package. AD is also going up about 25% in price, and the new package is going to be the same price as the old AD just without as many channels. Somehow I don't think NPS is going to win over many customers with this move.

Announcing Digital Essentials Package
Effective 4-1-06, NPS will offer the new Digital Essential Package, part # 590. The Digital Essential Package was created for those customers who do not want everything in our Absolute Digital Package, and are looking for a little lower price, or do not have KU receiving capabilities. This exciting new package will contain the following 40 digital channels:

MTV Digital
Court TV (East & West)
Discovery (West)
Discovery Digital
Discovery Health
Do It Yourself Network
Food Network (East & West)
Fine Living
BBC America
MAV TV
Logo
HGTV--WestESPN Classic
ESPN News(KU)
Learning Channel
Hallmark Channel
Lifetime
CMT
VH-1
A&E
TV LAND
MSNBC
CNBC
WPIX

Retail Pricing For Digital Essentials (part #590):
Monthly: $20.00 Quarterly: $55.00 6 Months: $104.99 Annual: $199.99

Call 800-660-7478 to place your order for the Digital Essentials Package. Be sure to ask about how you can get a $50 rebate with your 4DTV receiver upgrade. This is a limited time offer, so call today or visit www.callnps.com for more details.

Changes to the Absolute Digital Package
Effective 4-1-06, there will be some changes to the programming listing and price of the the Absolute Digital Package. Below are the updated channel listings of the included 56 digital channels, effective 4-1-06. Please note that Game Show, Oxygen Channel, and HGTV West are now included in Absolute Digital package.

MTV Digital
Court TV (East & West)
Discovery (West)
Discovery Digital
Discovery Health
Do It Yourself Network
Food Network (East & West)
Fine Living
BBC America
MAV TV
Logo
HGTV--West
Oxygen
Speed Channel
ESPN Classic
Toon Disney
Lifetime Movie Network
National Geographic
FXM--Fox Movie Network
Outdoor Life Network
ESPN News
Turner--TCM
Travel Channel
Animal Planet
History Channel East
History Channel West
Learning Channel
The Outdoor Channel
Biography
HGTV--East
History International
Bravo
Game Show
Hallmark Channel
Lifetime
CMT
VH-1
A&E
TV LAND
MSNBC
CNBC
WPIX

Updated Retail Pricing For Absolute Digital Package:
Monthly: $25.00 Quarterly: $68.75 6 Months: $131.24 Annual: $249.99

Call 800-660-7478 to find out how you can subscribe to the Absolute Digital Package or the new Digital Essential Package, available exclusively through NPS.

Will the Absolute Digital Package eventually be available on G9?

I doubt the complete package would be, but I think most or all of the ones NPS reuplinks are already on G9. I think I saw a post on the 4dtv forum about SRL going to have some kind of G9 pack, but I think it's just speculation.

Just some FYI. If anyone is having trouble getting the new channels added to AD, you probably need to get a rehit. I noticed I wasn't getting GSN or Bravo last weekend, but figured they just hadn't turned them on yet. I still wasn't getting them last night, but did an on-line rehit and up they came.

Mike

Thought I'd update this with the latest changes, I don't think Digital Essential has changed but NPS bumped up Absolute Digital since this was originally posted.

Updated Retail Pricing For Absolute Digital Package:
Monthly: $28.00 Quarterly: $77.00 6 Months: $146.99 Annual: $279.99

As always, ask for someone like John Ferguson or Fred White when you call as there's usually some pretty decent discounts to be had off the basic rates if you talk to the right person.

Thought I'd update this again. I just renewed some programming with John at NPS and he no longer has any ability to adjust prices. The pricing on the NPS web site is what we'll have to pay for the packages and ala cartes listed there. Be careful before ordering though, as there are cases where the ala carte pricing is cheaper than package deals. The movie package (125) is a good example of this. Even John wasn't aware of that one, so a little research before calling might save you some bucks.

He's still a good guy to call though as he told me about some specials that NPS is running that aren't on the web site. He definitely saved me a few bucks. For what it's worth, they have a good 3 month deal on HBO/Showtime/TMC/Cinemax. I forget the exact price on the special, but I also subbed the Starz digital pack for 3 months and the per month cost worked out to $34 and change. He also had a better one month price on the ESPN/ESPN2/Golf ala carte. The NPS web site deal shows $10 per month, but he had a one month only price of $7.50.

One other item. I think everyone knows that NPS is working on deals to upload a whole bunch of channels that are going digital by year's end. They are all going to be in Absolute Digital. If we do a sub that goes out beyond the end of the year we can lock in the current pricing even after the new channels go in. I think it's a pretty safe bet there will be some big price increases when the newly uplinked channels go into AD.

Mike

Just a quick update, the price on the movie channels appears to have been a regular price rather than a special. I just renewed them again last night, and John was able to get it for me the same deal. They have to cancel the package and readd to get the price to come up in the computer. Might need to ask for John when you call in to be sure it gets set up correctly.

It's being reported on the 4dtv forum that NPS has now instituted the 6% surcharge on all of their programming. It was originally supposed to have started at the beginning of the year, but was delayed when they started transmitting locals for Charlie. It looks like they are still showing the same pricing on their website, but add a 6% markup on your bill. Unfortunately, this surcharge will affect all of their programming, not just packages containing reuplinked channels.

Has anyone been able to get through, on the phone to NPS? I have been trying for 3 months and finally was forced to go to another provider.

Has anyone been able to get through, on the phone to NPS? I have been trying for 3 months and finally was forced to go to another provider.

3 months? wow others seemed to get through, easy to get a hold of them, email John or Stan and they will get back to you fast.

Nope, just tried again. They have an automated message informing everyone of the recent changes, but no live person and no option, extension or direction to one.

I've never had a problem. I always ask for John Ferguson, so I sometimes have to wait for him to call back, but I pretty much always get a live person. I think John will also process your order via e-mail.

I will try the normal numbers first, and try try again. If I really need to get through to NPS and all else fails, I call 1800-627-2271. This is the dealer hotline, you will always get through on it. Just don't follow the prompt's or push any buttons on your phone, and you will get switched automatically into the normal cue. Don't use this unless you have to and don't abuse it. :hatsoff:

Uplinking fee increase

It's being reported on the 4dtv forum that NPS is increasing the uplinking fee from 6% to 9% effective July 1st.

They are almost inline with pizza pricing. Some channels are however still masterfeeds and look better. With the re-uplinking and higher prices I may not sub to anything. Just watch local digital tv or what is FTA. I am not home very much and I think subbing for me is just good money thrown out the window.

I stopped subbing everything but the movie channels about 6 months ago, and have dropped those now too. I can check out DVD's for free from the public library, and my mother has Dish network that I can watch when there's some can't miss program on. Besides between my big dish, and my KU dishes there's lots of FTA. I have it set up with SageTV so the dishes are all combined into one system with an excellent DVR and EPG.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)