Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Version HDS2_CMT_1102171216 showed up today on exactly ONE site, as far as I can tell. (Where do people get these updates anyway? I've never found anything that looks like an official site, except for the Yojia site, but I've seen some people say that Yojia is a clone and not the original.) The release notes are utterly useless, they say "fixed Platforma HD" and that's it.

I don't know how soon I'll get around to trying it.

I hear that! I took the Euro file from the Yojia site and loaded it into my S9. Then I loaded my TP/Sat list and saved the image file to USB. Then I loaded it into the editor and saved it and it ask to save as default or user data base. I selected default and I now have the newest FW with all the networking and stuff and a factory default puts me back to my channels and sats from 58W to 139W.

I have been going to post how to do this. You can take any FW and change the default sat/tp list.

I tried to load the FW and TP into the editor...no way...You have to load the FW into the S9, then load the TP_PROG which has your channels and sats in it. When you save to USB it combines the two.

It also made me delete some channels...

When I hit save in the editor it said something like 244 channels will be deleted...and I didn't think it was going to let me choose which ones.

So I killed the task with task manager because there was no way to cancel. I reloaded the file and picked the channels I wanted to delete. There was plenty of spanish and radio I didn't need so all of the good channels are in there :) !

It then let me save the file.

I'll check this FW out but I'd like to know where they come from too!

The release notes are utterly useless, they say "fixed Platforma HD" and that's it.

Jim,

I googled platforma satellite and came up with this:

The EuroBird 9 based PLATFORMA is very popular , although the last few months for seen price rises and shortages. Platforma has 20 channels in Standard Definition and 10 HD channels.

It appears they had a problem in Europe with the 10 HD channels and this FW is supposed to fix it (Too lazy to read their forum and get the full scoop). Maybe it will fix some of our problems? Who knows?

Above I explained how to "Americanize" this file if someone wanted to use it and have it default to your own stuff. Gonna test it in a few minutes.

I forgot. This is the first FW I have seen with this boot loader. This one says:

NCRC bootloader 2009-12-29.

All of the other ones say:

NCRC bootloader 2009-08-27.

You can view this by loading it into a Hex editor.

Now I'm nervous...

I do hope there is a firmware release soon, in any case. The issues most important to me:

- Addition of an option for H or V only on a blind scan.
- Fix the green tint problem, even though I don't use composite.
- Improve high bitrate recording.
- Fix aspect ratio on DVB-S2 standard definition channels (should be pillarboxed as DVB-S SD signals are, not stretched).
- Add 'DVB-S2' or 'DVB-S' indication in the information window.
- Fix the timer issue.

Here's hoping!

Last edited:
Yankee,

When you say that it told you the file was a mismatch, was that the file as downloaded, or your modified version? I've had problems with it telling me the SIZE is wrong when trying to save my satellite list directly in the .abs file, but never a version mismatch. So I just use the .dbs file to save my satellites, and re-load it after each upgrade.

I did notice that the .rar I downloaded had a size that was almost twice as big as the other firmwares I've downloaded, even though the .abs file was exactly the same size. I attributed it to a poor choice of compression by whowever did the RAR, but I wonder if it's really due to uncompressible code in the file that wasn't in previous versions.

Apropos of that, and also touching on your comment that the bootloader version was different, I will remind you that one of the previous versions DID say in its release notes that it included code to attack clone boxes.

Jim,

OK, the Euro file I modified said it was gonna delete some channels when I selected save as default data base. I deleted some and then it worked great.

The mismatch came from the file you were talking about, HDS2_CMT_1102171216. It said mismatch and it was as downloaded. TO modify it you have to load the FW, load the TP list and save as an image...then load into the editor and save and select default data base and it makes the US sats the default with your channels and all...I could not get the FW to load so there was no chance to modify it.

The file I used is on the Yojia site (OpenboxS9HD(2011-1-11).rar) and I changed the default data base with no problem. The file inside the rar is HDS2_SCMT_ENG.abs.

1. Load HDS2_SCMT_ENG.abs into the S9.
2. Load your TP_PROG.dbs from your American scans with whatever American FW you are using.
3. Dump the image file with the FW, TP's and system settings.
4. Load the dump into the editor.
5. Save the dump and select default data base instead of user data base. You now have the Euro file with American sats, TP's and channels with your system settings. A factory default now goes to your channels and settings and everything. NICE!

The only problem I had was step 5 when I hit save it said XXX amount of channels will be losted. Yes it said "losted"! So I killed the task because there was no cancel and I was working on the only copy. I reloaded the editor and the dump file and deleted some scrambled channels, duplicates and Spanish and lots of radio stuff. I then hit save and it saved.

6. I loaded this new cross bred file into the S9 and tested it. Worked fine. I did a factory default and it stayed the way it was with all my stuff.

I do not know the channel limit for doing this. I could have looked at my total number of channels and subtracted what it wanted to delete but I didn't. I wish I had. My file has 1222 channels in it and I think it said 844...not 244.

If it said 244 will be losted that would put it at 1500 and if it said 844 that would put it at 2000.

Anyway I have all the networking and the Jump function but the clock is still off when in standby and loses the time. I have not checked the green tint issue.

It has not locked up since. Before it locked up about once a week.

The information page lists the FW as HDS2-10-10-20:0747CMT.

This date does not match the date on the rar file (2011-1-11) so it is still a crap shoot to know what date you're gonna get after loading it. Must be some kind of "Chinese Math".

I finally got around to trying it today, and it says it's a mismatch on mine too.

I feel your frustration Jim. Where does it come from? Why don't this one work? I've looked thru it with a hex editor and it does have a different date for the boot loader.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts