New Openbox S10 File (DiSEqC Fix) Posted July 19th

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gsatnewb

Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
SW Ontario
See Shenzhen Yojia download website for new S10 file. Fixes the S10 diseqc problem that has been discussed on this forum recently. Not for S9 apparently. I tested on my S10 and it has my diseqc switching between C and Ku again. :D:D

Didn't the S9 (or the Sathawk, actually) have this very same problem when it first came out?

Hopefully, the S10 won't have to go through all the same problems/fixes that have already been addressed on the S9...

The problem is that not all functions are tested thoroughly in each software edition, and fixing one problem seems to frequently create another. I still haven't found a version that I like better than 9/27/2010 version. :(

Hmm haven't had any problems using diseqc on my S10 yet. Have cband and ku attach to it.

Sent using SatelliteGuys with my EVO non 3D LoL

I use a DMX741 with 22 Khz switching and it looses the Ku when you change channel. You have to set the ku channel you want and turn the box off and back on to get it. As soon as you change channel Ku is gone again.

This is said to be a work around:

If using older TP_PROG.DBS file with our default settings of 10600/22kHz, you must switch these to Universal 9750/10600

Last edited:
The Skybox S9 file posted on wydvb.com works fine on an Openbox S9. The switching problems have been fixed, as far as anyone has reported so far. (I know the 22k problem is fixed.)

I'm still using the pre-green-fix firmware though because the blind scan is too slow on certain satellites on the new versions, and I don't use the standard-definition output anyway.

The Skybox S9 file posted on wydvb.com works fine on an Openbox S9. The switching problems have been fixed, as far as anyone has reported so far. (I know the 22k problem is fixed.)

I'm still using the pre-green-fix firmware though because the blind scan is too slow on certain satellites on the new versions, and I don't use the standard-definition output anyway.

I must say Jim has found a winner...SO FAR!

I just blind scanned AMC1 103W in 3-4 minutes. I used an analog clock on the wall to time it and didn't watch the second hand. RTV and the HD channels are not jerky nor do they stutter. 22 Khz is fixed! Can record in PS (Program Stream) or TS (Transport Stream) with no conversion necessary to play on a PC. I haven't found any major bugs...clock still don't work.

It has a Skybox boot logo and a darker swirled pattern when you hit menu than the Openbox FW but it looks good. Going to the Information screen and hitting 777777 doesn't give you the extra info anymore, you have to hit 888888 (however many times, I just hit it till it pops up) like it says for the S10.

Mine shows Chip ID 9D1A which is supposed to mean it is not a clone.

I'm going to post this as an S9 info thread because this is the best I have seen.

Finally something that may work until a clock fix which if this ones works as good as it looks then it is a keeper!

Still there is no new and improved file for North America. The list of satellites remains to be incomplete: no Telstar12 or Hispasat and you can't add them manually to be used with USALS. Signal meter still does not work. LNB settings are sort of like a joke...set to 5150 for some reason. But changing it to another value does not seem to make any difference. I use the SKYbox newest software designed for Europe on S10 even though I am in South America. This is much better software than those old ones they have for North America. At least it blind scans many channels that the North American Openbox is not able to, plus it does not double the channels. I requested all of that to be fixed, but I think emails may not reach China from the US. After all, it is a communist country and they do control traffic like crazy...

Last edited:
I can't find a current manual for the Openbox S10 anyone have a PDF I just bought one but it doesn't come with a Manual. : /

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)