Status
Please reply by conversation.

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
I am replacing my PANSAT 2000V with a PANSAT 6000HXC. I have a 2X1 DiSEq switch for AMC4 and T5. No problem on the 2000V but the 6000 only picks up the T5. I got the output of tuner 1 going into tuner 2 like the instuctions say but still no dice. I've fooled with all the DiSeq setting, have the correct type LNB (Univ 1) etc and still no T5 bird. What's the secret hand shake?

Do you have the lo settings correct in the 6000 for the universal. It's probably preset on 10750 and (I don't have a universal) I think the lo setting is 10600, could be wrong. Also I think I would try not using the diseqc switch and put 1 sat into tuner 1 and the other into tuner 2.

Al

Edit: Thanks to RtpiFan below, I was corrected, thanks.

Last edited:
RtpiFan said:
For Universal lnbf LO is 10600 for Standard lnbf it's 10750.

RtpiFan :)
Thanks RtpiFan, I knew it was different, couldn't remember what it was. I've never had a universal lnbf. I'm guessing his Pansat's defaulted for standard 10750 and he needs to change it.

Al

On the 6000 when you change the LNB setting it automatically changes the local oscillator Freqs. Universal 1 is correct and yes the upper LO freq is 10600. I will try an FTA web site as most folks here seems to be E* and D* savy but limited (like me) on FTA set up. It just irks me that the much cheaper 2000V has no problems getting T5 AND AMC4 through the 2X1 Diseqc switch. I guess I could just continue to use the 2000V for FTA and the 6000 for "other puposes" which was not my intention for buying it. I do not intend to run a separate cable for tuner 2. The 6000 should be able to function like the cheaper 2000V.

red hazard, you should also remember that hooking it up like you have. The 2nd tuner will be a slave to the first tuner and you will only get the polarity of the first tuner. Maybe that's part of the problem. You probably are going to need to get a dual feed lnbf or even better the Invacom Quad QPH 031 (I think). Then you will also need a 2nd diseqc switch to get the most out of the 2 tuners.

Al

Also, you can wait for a reply from Iceberg, he has a 6000 and will be more help than me. Sometimes he's not on here during the weekend, you may have to wait till Monday to get a reply from Ice. Sorry...

Last edited:
Got it Working!!

Got it working. I wish the owners manual was better written. I got the Diseqc switch set for #2 and manually selected AMC4 to scan:eek: . Appreciate the attemps to help me. The one minor thing I don't care for is when I select TAN TV, it first says that it's scrambled but a few seconds later it provides the video/audio. Since I subscribe to that service, it should just immediately tune it in. Just a minor but annoying inconvenience. BTW, the Viaccess CAM is not cheap and hard to find. I had to order mine from the U.K.

red hazard said:
Got it working. I wish the owners manual was better written.BTW, the Viaccess CAM is not cheap and hard to find. I had to order mine from the U.K.
Congrats red hazard, you're right about manuals. There are members here who would probably like the info to get that Viacess CAM, or at least more info on it. Not me though, I'm happy with ITC feeds and my 4dtv subscription. Maybe they will read this and ask, or PM you.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)