New Product: Titanium Satellite C1-PLL C-Band Phase Lock Loop LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
...Another idea would be to cut a RF transparent shade (think baseball hat bill) from a water bottle that prevents rain from directly hitting the feedhorn cover.
You're a nice man. It's raining hard tonight, and I was resigned to NOT being able to watch a favorite show. But when I wiped the SL1PLL feedhorn cover bone dry I would get a stable picture instead of none --- voila. A baseball hat bill cut from a water bottle means TV tonight. Hadn't imagined that a little water could wreak such havoc.

Sheeting water is not RF transparent and blocks/redirects the satellite signals from entering the feedhorn.

Another suggestion: I also coat my feedhorn covers with Rain Shield (1831SP Satellite Rain Shield Water Repellant) by King Controls. This causes water to bead instead of stream. When the water beads off of the feedhorn cover, the signal is only slightly attenuated.

When raining cats and dogs, the LNBF sees better through root beer goggles. This was improvised in a hurry last night from an A&W root beer bottle, it would maybe perform better trimmed a bit. With the already attenuated signal from atmospheric rain, keeping the LNBFs face dry made the difference between joy and no joy last evening. I prefer joy.

rootbeer.jpg

Now that I'm thinking about this, some of my old original Primestar LNBFs and Dish Network single LNBFs had a small visor shield built into the design. Interesting.

The feedhorn shown in RT-Cat's pic above is used on the "round" Channel Master dishes (.90, 1.0, 1.2 meter). It has a shield over the feedhorn cover as well as several small holes under the shield in the cover to help reduce condensation.

After raining for 4months around here, the last 2 it hasn't rained a good 2", so it isn't a problem for me any more , lol. We did get about 1/2" last night, but it wasn't enough to close up the big cracks in the ground. I'm more worried about my dish/poles and all falling into the center of the earth.

Voila! Just saw this on ebay from France. Sorry to resurrect the thread, but it's the first time I've seen this and I remembered the discussion.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJEwFFywWsnUBBRi5QkJRMQ~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJEwFFywWsnUBBRi5QkJRMQ~~60_12.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 208
I noticed that the two products, the PLL LNB and the positioner will be available November 29th, is this the date to start calling the dealers to place orders and also, to pick it up at stores?

The reseller, review and contest units were brought in by expedited air shipment and will be clearing customs in the next few days. Samples should be shipping the beginning of next week.

Coordinating with several forums to start contests to win a C1-PLL and ASC1. These contests should be starting within the next week.

The main shipment will be arriving around Thanksgiving. We hope that the Holiday doesn't slow the customs clearance. By then the resellers will have had a few days to place their orders. Please contact your local reseller to inquire what date they will start accepting orders.

Retail purchase at MSRP price is available on the Titanium Satellite website if your reseller is not stocking an item. We will start taking C1-PLL and ASC1 orders on November 29th and shipping within a week. However, we do encourage everyone to support their local and favorite resellers and whenever possible, direct retail purchases to your local reseller! If your favorite reseller is not carrying the Titanium Satellite products, please ask them to contact us and to consider becoming an authorized reseller.

Last edited:
I don't think I want to support resellers anymore after Fridge and Rick's banning people from their forums for even mentioning competitors' products who they do not sell themselves. That is no way to run a forum and it makes it obvious they're in this for the money.

I'm glad Titanium will be selling them directly. I'm not sure why you would want to encourage these middlemen anyway. Doesn't having a reseller system instead of just selling your products directly to the people eat into your profit margins?

How bout a bundle with the LNB and Conical Scalar Kit for a slightly reduced price? :)

While there are definitely dealers that didn't do well in business school, there are a few that rock! And I feel confident some will offer a better deal than MSRP as they have with other products. :)

I have never seen anyone banned just for mentioning a product at those two forums. People get banned for violating the site rules.

:focus: .....

Titanium Satellite is working to build an international reseller network to offer our quality products into as many markets as possible. Hopefully buyers will find someone on the growing list that they feel comfortable doing business with. Vote with your money!

In case everyone haven't noticed, I don't like, need or want drama attached to Titanium Satellite products. Just want to take care of business and provide you an incredible, innovative product and an incredible customer support experience!

OK Guys seriously lets keep this on topic. If you want to debate other BS and need your drama for the day go else where please.

You have been warned

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)