New PS3 Pricecut

Have all three systems and here's how it works out in my house:

XBOX 360 I play the hell out of both on and off line, use XBOX Live like crazy.

Wii kids play the hell out of, use virtual console and download like crazy.

PS3 use as Blu-Ray player, dont play on line with, dont use Playstation Store, Home is so-so for us, and I only have about five games for the system, not enough software to keep me interested (Wii 20 games, 360 about 40 games)...

Love Sony, love the PS3, it still hasnt "blossomed" yet for my household...

IMHO while I enjoy the few games I play on the PS3 and we use it a fair amount for BD movies, I'm afraid Sony shot themselves in the foot by alienating too much market share. Now their backtracking is too little, too late and very transparent.

Bottom line is that families and kids...small ones create profits for a company. Nintendo has the name and the brand that kids bother their parents for. I am a 360 owner and a Wii owner and I have more fun when I play games for the WII. Yes the video game people struggle to understand it, but the WII has something special that brings people together. It is a party machine. People that never played a video game can play with a touch of a button. It is a back to basics machine that will continue to find success for many years to come. It doens't matter to the masses about what technology is crammed into a gaming machine. They want to have fun...and I bet anything people will want to bowl at a big family party then play anything on the 360 or PS 3. That is the difference.

I agree 100% almost everytime we have people over to the house young or old eventually the Wii comes out. The wife and I like it for the kids for the fact that they actually have to get up to play it. The other 2 you sit there and exercise your fingers. I also believe people want to be more active playing video games as seen with the popularity of Guitar Hero across all platforms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts