New Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hicksatpd

Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
Went to local Best Buy, and saw the prices and such, and it looks like if I just want one receiver (change of plans since my last post), it'd be 49.99 for the recevier, which they said includes installation plus the dish itself.

My question to all of you who already have DirecTV, is this it? Is the Dish really just free? Do you ever have to pay anything for it, either up front or down the road or something? It just seems funny that a piece of equipment like that is just free. And when you get this, do you own this equipment, or is it techincally being rented?

DIRECTV subsidizes the equipment and installation. In fact, you should be able to find a better deal than $49.

You do own the equipment, no rental fees, but you are responsible for a 1 yr. programming commitment.

If it's just a standard receiver you can actually get it for free, up to 3 rooms I believe with dish and install if you go through Directv itself. The Tivo unit is $99 but you can sometimes talk them into getting you that free too.

I'm going through best buy and only want one receiver, so I'm not going for the 3-receiver deals. :) But talking with my mother about this, she pointed out that it seemed odd that a piece of equipment like the dish was just free like that, with no strings attatched.

DTV is correct. The only "string" is a one year committment.

You can get a one room deal free with Directv. No sense in paying $49 if you can get it for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv Reception

Help! No Sat B (119 Degree)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)