New receiver claims MP@HL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Das Hammer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Too close to Ohio
I've been window shopping lately for a new Linux based HD receiver....ran across one that just came out in Europe which claims MP@HL video decoding.....which definitely grabbed my attention.

It outputs the usual 576p, 720p, 1080i, and it also accepts 50/60Hz 110-220V AC, so it should work fine here in the US.

I downloaded the user manual and it shows:
MPEG-2 MP@HL Video Decoder
MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 HP@L4 Video Decoder.

It is the Cube Revo Mini HD (made by DGStation). Not too much info out there right now, but it seems to be the same innards as the AB IP BOX 9000HD.

Anyone want to throw their thoughts in?

I hadn't noticed this one, I don't see any mention of blind scan at all, did I miss it?. I have been looking at the CubeRevo 3000 HD, has dvb-s2 with blind scan, Also MP@HL and HP@L4.
Nice looking feature lists for both of them.

The Mini (from what I've gathered) must have just came out within the last few weeks. I didn't see blind scan in the specs for the mini.

The 3000 blind scans dvb-s2??? Cool.

I was looking the mini over because of the HL and it was reasonably priced, but the 3000 is definitely worth a look.

I've been window shopping lately for a new Linux based HD receiver....ran across one that just came out in Europe which claims MP@HL video decoding.....which definitely grabbed my attention.

what am I missing? You want a HD receiver, and the one of the specs show it does 4:2:0 MPEG-2 HD video, so I don't know why this is an attention grabber thing.

what am I missing? You want a HD receiver, and the one of the specs show it does 4:2:0 MPEG-2 HD video, so I don't know why this is an attention grabber thing.
I believe "MP@HL" is associated with 4:2:2 video, but the Firmware needs to be properly written for it.

Yes.
The "chip" would need a "422@HL" profile on it too, and the units firmware would also have to be written to handle it properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)