New Receiver: HR-23 HD-DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd recommend calling D*, saying they replaced the HR20 with a HR22 and since they don't carry all your local ATSC HD channels on satallite yet could they please send you a AM21 for free so you get those channels back, many report getting free AM21's.

I did that today, as you said. No problem at all. Very pleasant CSR, and I didn't even go up a tier or so. What I've found with D* over the years is if you're decent to them they reciprocate.

Thanks for the advice. I know I could have done the same as the AM21 with my DTVPal units, but they wouldn't couple with the HR22-100 and the guide, nor record to the DVR. I'm good to go now.

i had an issue activating a hr23 today just letting you know how i solved it

i'm a directv csr and i just activated my first hr23-700 today. our system didn't automatically add the dvr service to it like it normally would. i'm sure this is something we will soon fix. however, until then if you get one make sure the dvr service works after it's activated. we haven't yet been told how to fix the problem but, after several efforts i finally got it to work. if you have this issue the rep you speak with may not be aware let alone know how to correct it.. so to avoid endless transfers and loads of time on the phone. have them transfer you to tech they may not be aware either so the fix is as follows:first tell them to temporarily change the hr23-700 model number to another hddvr model number. once that is changed remove the dvr service from the account and then reactivate it. it tricks the system into thinking it is adding dvr service to example: a hr21-***. once they have removed and reactivated the dvr service on and it's working. tell them to change the model # back hr23-700. since the whole modifying/changing the model number is something we almost never have to do please be patient with them. i sent out a order today to get this glitch fixed so it will be fixed promptly. which means i probably wasted my time letting you all know this. i guess if it helps even one person it was worth it. i just joined the forum today so if anybody has any kind of questions feel free to ask if i don't know right off,i'll get it. remember if it is a account specific question you would have to call or email dtv. thanks for letting me join and i'm looking forward to helping and learning as well.

hard drive size

i've seen a lot of talk on here about hard drive size. i'm sure you all already know this but you can plug an external hard drive (ex:terabyte(1000gb) in the usb port on the back of the hddvrs. by doing that it bypasses the internal and allows loads more recording time. ok i'm done the newbie needs to shut his mouth..i will let you know though that the system we use that has all our info in it has nothing at all about the hr23 in it. i spent my lunch today looking for stuff about.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, I used my two DTV coupons and purchased two DTVPal boxes, which I received and just put on the shelf.

Would that do the same as an AM21?

No. You would not be able to record from them, nor would the channels be integrated into the guide or tunable through the DVR.

OK more dumb questions about the service.

They are coming out to install my 5 room install, including 1 DVR. Being that I need 8 receivers total I purchased bran new receivers from a reliable company on line. 1 - HR23 DVR and 2-HR reg receivers. My plan is to activate all 8 receivers and have 2 DVR's working. Does anyone see any problems with this plan. The new receivers that I purchased are unopened and never activated.

That should work out fine for you mark a friend of mine did a very similar thing and worked out great. Hope all goes well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts