Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Hey All,
Been a while but I'm looking for a new receiver and just thought I'd see what I might get to upgrade my Azbox Ultra. Blindscan is a must and I'd like 4:2:2 if possible but my guess is it may be hard to find. Anyone care to share their thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

I went from an Ultra to a GSP microHD. Biggest improvement I ever made to my setup. Best receiver ever! ;)

What's wrong with having 2 receivers on the same dish? I've got two systems setup with 3 receivers on each. Just can't use but one at a time the way mine is setup but if I "need" to see something that's in 4.2.2 I just switch over to the AZ for that feed.

And yes, the Micro HD is a pretty good piece @ $100. FYI, I do still use the Openbox S9 quite a bit as one of them is connected to that Raydx dish I'm still testing and I use it every day. The Micro HD does have more/better PVR functions than the S9 though.

Question, when was the last time you watched something in 4.2.2? Me? It was a spring training baseball feed a couple of months back.

Watched 4:2:2 last night.... But it is a good question, since it is used on only one networks feeds and occasional sports. Some may not have a use for it that would make it worth while... I have 3 dishes feeding 3 receivers through switches to allow the most flexibility in viewing on multiple TVs...

MiniMe sounds good but is AZbox still in business? Only reason I care would be for firmware updates. Whats difference between Me and MiniMe in terms of features or functions?

I don't know the difference between miniMe American edition and the ME. Latest firmware upgrade for the miniMe American edition was Mar. 19, 2015.

I don't think you can buy a new Me, as they haven't been produced for about three years. Me had more processor power and I think could take an internal harddrive.

Catamount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)