New receiver shopping

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Hey All,
Been a while but I'm looking for a new receiver and just thought I'd see what I might get to upgrade my Azbox Ultra. Blindscan is a must and I'd like 4:2:2 if possible but my guess is it may be hard to find. Anyone care to share their thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

I went from an Ultra to a GSP microHD. Biggest improvement I ever made to my setup. Best receiver ever! ;)

What's wrong with having 2 receivers on the same dish? I've got two systems setup with 3 receivers on each. Just can't use but one at a time the way mine is setup but if I "need" to see something that's in 4.2.2 I just switch over to the AZ for that feed.

And yes, the Micro HD is a pretty good piece @ $100. FYI, I do still use the Openbox S9 quite a bit as one of them is connected to that Raydx dish I'm still testing and I use it every day. The Micro HD does have more/better PVR functions than the S9 though.

Question, when was the last time you watched something in 4.2.2? Me? It was a spring training baseball feed a couple of months back.

Watched 4:2:2 last night.... But it is a good question, since it is used on only one networks feeds and occasional sports. Some may not have a use for it that would make it worth while... I have 3 dishes feeding 3 receivers through switches to allow the most flexibility in viewing on multiple TVs...

MiniMe sounds good but is AZbox still in business? Only reason I care would be for firmware updates. Whats difference between Me and MiniMe in terms of features or functions?

I don't know the difference between miniMe American edition and the ME. Latest firmware upgrade for the miniMe American edition was Mar. 19, 2015.

I don't think you can buy a new Me, as they haven't been produced for about three years. Me had more processor power and I think could take an internal harddrive.

Catamount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)