New RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dennis12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Has anyone seen any of the new RTN channels anywhere on the KU satellites. They have just started ones out of Pittsburg, Colorado Springs, Toledo, OH. and Traversr City, Mich. Dennis

RTN Toledo, OH

I live in Northwest Ohio and am getting RTN on NBC 24, WNWO out of Toledo on the an over the air digital channel. Their digital channel is 49 and they broadcast RTN on digital channel 2. Digital Channel one is regular NBC programming and digital channel 3 is Weather Now. I may be wrong, but I don't think they are originating RTN Programs, but retransmitting another RTN channel. RTN replaced The Tube when it went of the air. RTN has been on about a week or two now and I watched Hawaii Five-0 and Magnum PI last night. This is all I can do until I can find another dish as the stationary I was using blew away and broke a couple months ago.

I just assumed the Primestar broke into little pieces, but the LNB survived. :eureka
You know how it is with those plastic dishes! :eek:
Now, if he'd had some of that good Chinese steel, we might still pound it out! :rolleyes:

I'd kill for any size plastic dish - they're my favorite.

There is RTN channels on G10R.
Probably my favorite channels on true FTA sats.

I agree. But I think the OP was talking about "new" RTN channels. Honestly, RTN on KU has become quite bland lately. I mean how much Mad About You, Sienfeld, Cosby etc. can we stand? Where are all the old classics? Not what it once was. :rolleyes:

well so far i have seen some decent shows like hogans heroes, mission impossible and get smart. Kinda nice to have those come in. Im not a big fan of Hawaii five O.
these are the networks i get from G10R that have rtn channels.

KWWF
KQUP
KWCE-RTN
WNGS
KCBU

The WNGS network shows some good classics, BeverlyHillbilies was just on when i checked it. it displays RTN11 in the bottom right hand corner. I have not did a blind scan of the sat so im not sure if im missing anymore
Im new to FTA sats so im sure your aware fo this already.

Last edited:
I have been watching RTN for over 2 years and I only recently starting watching Perry Mason. I never thought it would interest me but now I try to catch it every night.

Just when I thought I've seen all the Mission Impossible episodes, one comes up that's new to me.

Just like I recently found Rat Patrol and 12 O'Clock High on American Life TV. I never knew what it was until I started watching it.

American Life TV is actually on 4DTV on X4-603 not FTA. It has Mission Impossible also. As well as many good programs we haven't seen for a while. It's a free channel as long as you have a sub to something active.

Yea love tuesday nights with two episodes of Combat,two episodes of Rat Patrol and one of 12 o'clock high.

ahh man , combat and ratpatrol would be cool as hell to see again. so i am not able to catch those channels on a FTA sat ?
Thanks for the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)