NEW RTN FTA BIRD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
AMC9 feeds ?

Can't find anything on the AMC9 feeds this morning, finally quit raining but is very overcast. Not a hint of signal on RTN east or west.

its their no problem, try the 11,824 horz 4342, real strong here, it max's out signal meter.

Got those 2 color bar channels captain, may just be my little direcway dish I pointed at it yesterday. Have to throw a bigger dish on that pole this morning I guess. Thanks

edit:
Got some indication of signal now, only 20%quality, no lock, very rainy here. So the .90M primestar is better, but not
good enough for that weak signal on AMC9. Need a 10meter I think.

Last edited:
I lost them both last night around 11:45pm Eastern. Up until then it was in and out and finally out. Very weak signal. Getting nothing today.

Yesterday, the transponder came in fine on 2 different receivers. Seemed like a fairly strong signal. Didn't have any problems playing the channels.

Today, like you say, at first I couldn't get a lock at all, and eventually, I got a partial lock that was going on and off so frequently that I couldn't view the channel.

The interesting thing is that I ran a spectrum scan yesterday, and repeated it today, and the signal looks exactly the same signal strength wise, and I can't see any difference in interferring signals. The signal does appear a bit weaker than the other transponders on the sat, but it sure looks good enough that there shouldn't be a problem locking it. I'm not sure what the difference is.

Although I have full intentions of keeping my 1m Primestar dish pointed at G18, I redeployed my former X4 satellite 90cm Ariza dish yesterday.

I hope they leave it DVB-S for now to maximize viewers. After all, it's the programming we're interested in. I'm trying to avoid the politics of it myself.

I am using a Winegard DS2076 (76cm) dish, Invacom QPH-031 and a Coolsat 5000. Scanned for RTNwest and east on thransponder 11735H on AMC9 this afternoon. Picking up both channels around 65% quality, good picture and sound. My dish location is near Omaha, did not have to tweak anything on the motorized dish, but this is a very weak signal. And like Iceberg stated the Coolsat threshold is around 63%, so as long as the weather holds I'm fine here. But wouldn't hold my breath in even a mild rain. The 76cm dish works great for everything I want to view so can't see investing in anything larger for these two channels. Have to quess that this is a temporary solution for broadcast?

Getting it borderline with my CS5000, 90cm Fortec and QPH-031. USALS wouldn't cut it for aiming; had to use diseqc fine tuning.

I normally watch WNGS OTA from Buffalo for my RTN fix. But they're showing some B-rate flick instead of my usual "Emergency!"

go back to G18 and flip through...you'll find it there still ;)
a transponder that has only 2 channels and one is retrojams :)

Any word on if RTN is going to have any c-band in their new future? I miss it already, although "This TV" has taken up some of the slack.

A cold front just moved through the New Orleans area last night, its probably going to move through Chattanooga today. Very heavy rain bands...

I am going to try to look for AMC9 today. I was previously on G3 95W cband. I have a 10' perfect 10, c/ku polarotor GI 550 for positioning and a coolsat 5000 and coolsat 8000.

Will I get results with this setup?
How do i set up my reciever?
is the lnb freq 10.750?

Thanks

Hotdog842-
Thought I read that the RTNs on AMC9 are not there any more.
To find AMC9 though, there is a Data TP to Lock to, no Channels
12060 H 30000

They're there as of 10am today, 11735H SR4440.. A booming 40signal/40quality right now lol.
If it gets cloudy or rainy again I'm s.o.l.
Tune to 11774 H 4232 color bars on AMC9 will peg out the meter, help you to locate the bird.

go back to G18 and flip through...you'll find it there still ;)
a transponder that has only 2 channels and one is retrojams :)
Thanks. I did notice Retrojams was alive again. Always good to have them back. :)

I was able to get the new RTN channels a little better on my Diamond 9000HD, or at least the picture was more stable.

Turbo,

I have them at a whopping 57%, which is good, but not great. Breaks up on a regular basis. Looks like different programing on each channel. Dr Kiley is on the East and Beaver on the West..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)