New Samsung Box

JonOrlando

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Got the new Samsung SMT-H3090 with 320g hard drive. The box is much faster in changing channels and processing information. However, I do have a problem with it...

Sometimes when fast forwarding through commercials, on a recorded program (mainly high definition) the scene will hang with audio and will repeat itself, as if it were an old record playing on a record player. The only way I've found to stop this is to stop the playback and restart the program. Usually only happens once, per recorded show.

Anyone have the new box and had this happen?

The other issue I've noticed is there is a slight delay with the audio/video synch when playing back high definition. This doesn't happen with standard playback.

Ideas?

Yes, it has the new software.

Today, I guess it is just problem week for me, when fast forwarding now, it does not stop when you hit play for a few extra seconds, causing me to have to rewind. LOL.

I called BHN and the rep told me, its a new box and all of the bugs are not worked out of it yet. If the issue continues, return the new box and pick up the SA box.

I can deal with the issues, however, would be nice for it to work, better than what we had.

Give it a little while and they will fix the bugs. Just like they did when the SAs first came out. Even then there will still be little bugs they cant find or figure out.

If you want to get away from Maestro software, you will need to go get a tivo. Then you can get the cable card that goes inside of it to activate the upper channels.

Jcarrera - I know for a fact the Melbourne Office has a crap load of the new Samsung HDdvrs and the new samsung HD boxes if your thinking about going there to exchange.

The Cape Canaveral office and Palm Bay office has limited supplies as their supplied by the Melbourne office.

Give it a little while and they will fix the bugs. Just like they did when the SAs first came out. Even then there will still be little bugs they cant find or figure out.

If you want to get away from Maestro software, you will need to go get a tivo. Then you can get the cable card that goes inside of it to activate the upper channels.

I'm going to give it a little while. I took the time to see if I could resolve the issue myself. So, I bought a new HDMI cable and tried that. Small change. However, after further checking, I found that WFTV (7 and 1090) has bad, bad audio delay. I notice it the most on HD. When I flip over to SD, the delay is still there. I then tried it out on the new HD additions...StarzHD and MAXHD have a delay as well. So, I assume its just the new box?

The Mystro software loads quick on the new box, as mentioned. Sometimes, too quick, as I mentioned with the fast forwarding.

can i request one of these boxes? i got an older sa box with the small hard drive.
Even though we are in a different area, I was able to walk in to the local office and exchange. The rep working the desk said sure. 5 minutes later, she opened the security door and gave me the new cable box in its original box, never opened. Got it home and I had to unwrap it from the plastic and remove all the protective stickers.

I'm going to give it a little while. I took the time to see if I could resolve the issue myself. So, I bought a new HDMI cable and tried that. Small change. However, after further checking, I found that WFTV (7 and 1090) has bad, bad audio delay. I notice it the most on HD. When I flip over to SD, the delay is still there. I then tried it out on the new HD additions...StarzHD and MAXHD have a delay as well. So, I assume its just the new box?

The Mystro software loads quick on the new box, as mentioned. Sometimes, too quick, as I mentioned with the fast forwarding.

It could be. Its the first time Ive heard about that problem with the new HD boxes. Anything is possible. They are new. I will ask around tomorrow and see whats up. It could be possible that your box is bad.

It could also be possible that the signal in your area is crap. However, I will point my finger at the box for the moment. If the voice isnt synced with the lips, thats a huge problem. Do you have any other HD style box? If you do, move that box to where that box is and see if it duplicates. If it does, it could be a faulting/going bad line!.

Again, I am still going to point my finger at the box.

As far as the delay when rewinding or FF. It's cool, but you have to "trust" the box! What you do is while FF through a comercial, look at the screen and as soon as you see your program, hit Play. What it does is recognize the moment you pressed Play and it will back up to a few seconds before you pressed. It's actually very cool, if you "trust" it!

What I would like to know: is the a software manual for download anywhere on the net?

Posting a follow up to the audio synch problem. I have figured out a work around. I have my surround sound connected and I have been running the audio through the receiver. I change the audio format output to dolby digital and that seems to fix the problem. Again, this is only for channel 1090. Weird. What I find strage about it would be, that you would think HDMI would be the faster and better choice, however, for this channel, its the exact opposite.

Thank you but that link is for the box. I'd like to find one for the software, the guide and features. I don't know why, but I can't delete a few of these series recordings I had set. I go to "scheduled Programs" delete the title and sure enough a week later, it recorded the show anyway! ahhhh!!!
I've searched, but can't come up with anything.

You need to goto "Series Manager" that is where the series is stored. In "Scheduled recordings" are only the "upcoming" recordings.

PS This will help you out

http://cfl.brighthouse.com/customer_care/product_guides/HD_DVR_and_DVR_help_guide.aspx (Number 29 is the one you want)

EDIT: You know what that guide is for Passport. You probably use the new software. Its the same basic principal instead of "clicking C" like the guide above says you just scroll to where you see "Series Manager" Then its pretty much the same just goto "Cancel Series"

All that information is availible via the website. Just goto Brighthouse.com >> Customer Care >> product assitance >> Guides and documents >> Then pick what you want a guide for. :)

You can also request them to mail you out the booklet on the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)