New Samsung LED not working with Dish Network

The breakout cable seems to have both component and audio combined. There are two reds, one for video and one for audio. Are you certain that you have the red audio tied to red audio and red video tied to red video.....

It almost sounds like what you get when you connect to the older colorstream component inputs, but that be. Sounds to me like you need to go into the menu of the TV and tell it that particular input should be treated as component not composite as some are dual use.

OK, I am finally home to do more troubleshooting. I have connected the old tv back up to the receiver and it still works fine. So it rules out a hardware problem with the receiver like dish network stated. I have connected the new tv to receiver using the same component video cables coming from the receiver but plugged into the component adapter and I have the issue with the pink screen. I plugged the dvd player into the component adapter and it works so this rules out a cable problem or a bad component port on the tv. Therefore, at this point I know it is either a setting this is incorrect on either the receiver or tv. I am going to connect the old tv back up and see if I can change the resolution on the receiver. Wish me luck or send other ideas my way!

Not sure if this might be it but make sure that the RED video cable isn't connected to the RED Audio cable. My brother had this happen after his last tv upgrade. It took him a while to discover that. lol

Thank you everyone for your help! Lord Vader...you are awesome. Thanks for the suggestion as that was the issue. I plugged the old tv back into the component video on the receiver, changed the resolution on the receiver to 1080i and then plugged the new tv in and it is working!

hjames7796 said:
Thank you everyone for your help! Lord Vader...you are awesome. Thanks for the suggestion as that was the issue. I plugged the old tv back into the component video on the receiver, changed the resolution on the receiver to 1080i and then plugged the new tv in and it is working!

No kidding? What resolution was it on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts