New sat is up? now what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Sorry if this question has been addressed. Now that D* has a new sat up and another coming is there an OFFICIAL date for the HD channels or anything else coming up? News on HD DVR that won't cost me an arm and a leg?? My contract with E* will be up in August so I'm thinking about making the switch if I can have a good deal with Direct.

Thanks!

Directv now has to test the satellite to make sure everything is working properly. There is supposed to be an official announcement next month regarding more HD channels coming.

Neutron said:
Directv now has to test the satellite to make sure everything is working properly. There is supposed to be an official announcement next month regarding more HD channels coming.

Is the new satellite already being tested? From a previous job I worked at, it seems to take about 3 weeks from the day the satellite is launched to the day that it can be considered to be in geosync. orbit. (The rockets do a really good job of getting the satellite close to the desired orbital position, but once it is there, the fine tuning takes a few weeks)

Putting some channels on it would be a great way to test it. Its not like they can fix it if its broken anyway. LMAO

Neutron said:

Thanks! Again, it's a matter of waiting...

vurbano said:
Putting some channels on it would be a great way to test it. Its not like they can fix it if its broken anyway. LMAO

Thats true, but since the new satellite is going to be at 103 (I believe) you wouldn't be able to see the test channels.

I'd much rather they test it fully and make sure everything is okay. Take as much time as they need to do it too. That way when they do start upgrading equipment we won't have to worry about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.