Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have seen in our Birthday Message earlier this week SatelliteGuys will be ordering a new state of the art server next week!

This new server will give us plenty of room and power for many years to come! In fact this new server is so powerfull we would need 10 of our current servers to equal the power of this one new server!

The Specs on it are as follows:

Dell PowerEdge R710 Server
- 870W Hot Swap Redundant Power Supply
- 2 X Intel 2.93/12M/1333 Xeon Six Core 5670 - 95 Watt CPU’s
- 48GB (12x4G) DDR3 ECC RDIMM – Optimized
- Dell Perc H700 512MB Cache RAID Card
- 8 x Dell 146GB 15K 2.5" SAS Hard Drives
- Dell iDRAC6 Enterprise Remote Access Card
- Dell CD ROM Drive
- 3 Year Warranty

The new system will cost us close to $10,000 and will be paid for partially through the generous support of our Gold Sponsors, and I will be paying for the rest out of my own pocket.

A number of Members have asked if they can help chip in on some of the costs, so I will be accepting donations to help pay for it. So on Wednesday I launched a special webpage for those who would like to help out. If you are interested you can CLICK HERE or click on Server Donations link on the top navigation bar.

Our new server will be houed at a new ISP located in Lansing, MI. I am really excited by this move!

Over the next few days I will be using this thread to give you status updates on the new server and also to thank the people who have chipped in.

This is an exciting time for SatelliteGuys.US!

Ok here we go...

Time to thank some folks for helping chip in on the new server! Some of theme you will recognize their usernames while others wanted to be anon so for these folks I will use their first name and first inital of their last name.

THANK YOU to the following folks for their support.

Voyager6
Michael M.
Steve F.
Raoul5788
Glenn D.
Ke4est
Tom231

Again THANK you for your support.

[FONT=verdana,arial]Great news!! We have just ordered our new server!

In ordering we decided to go from
[/FONT]2x Intel 2.93/12M/1333 Xeon Six Core 5670 - CPU's to 2x[FONT=verdana,arial] Intel 3.33/12M/1333 Xeon Six Core 5680 CPU's!

This thing is going to scream!

We have also signed up with our new ISP and everything is ready to go!

I will update this thread when I have an update on the new server. By upgrading the CPU's it may delay shipping of the new server by 1 to 3 days.

Thanks guys for your support!
[/FONT]

Man its a good thing I ordered a new server as this one is not keeping up!

With the DISH Network satellite failure we have been slammed with over 5000 people online at one time!

Sorry for the slowness... but I am giving it all shes got captain! :D

Man its a good thing I ordered a new server as this one is not keeping up!

With the DISH Network satellite failure we have been slammed with over 5000 people online at one time!

Sorry for the slowness... but I am giving it all shes got captain! :D

So thats it. I was about to post something about slow page loading. I ran everything I know on my side.;)

I thought it was something with the isp and about to make a comment. Glad it is simply that we are popular

To Free Up Some System Resources I have turned OFF VBSEO.

This means some links may not work, refresh the page and try again on those links and they should work fine.

Some good news...

First thank you to Lyle P. who donated to the new server fund...

And the big news is that I have just received word that the server has just shipped to our ISP! It is shipping FedEx Ground and I have the tracking number, later tonight I should be able to tell when its going to get to our ISP. :)

YIPPIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)