New Server - Issues and Reports

I believe it just went down again for a few moments.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I believe it just went down again for a few moments.
Back from my day away. We have company over for the week and were supposed to go to Coney Island, however the forecast called for showers and cold weather today so instead we went to Massachusetts and went to a Butterfly Sanctuary, and to the Yankee Candle headquarters store. Of course the weather folks were wrong, we had zero rain and instead of being in the low 60's it climbed to 80.

The server monitor shows no down time for today. In fact things actually look more stable here then they did on the old server

I am not going to touch anything tonight as I am letting the MySQL Tuner capture more data. The longer I let it run without touching anything the better it does with its suggestions.

With that said I am pooped (we all are) did a lot of walking and driving today. Everyone have a good night!

Seeing that we are on the new server and it seems to be doing well, tomorrow I will be transferring the DNS servers back to being hosted directly by us instead of GoDaddy. This will allow me to reenable email security and use other DNS features of our control panel.

At the moment everything is the same between GoDaddy and our server, so the move should be invisible to everyone. :)

The slowness was my fault and should be improving.

When I set the dns to be hosted off the new server I didn’t update the actual hostnames for the name servers with GoDaddy. So ns1 and ns2 were pointing to the old server. And because of this some of the site was being fed by the old server not the new one.

I moved dns back to godaddy and updated the ip addresses for the name server hostnames. I will then move things back here after 24 hours just to make sure things propagate correctly.

Also on the old server I just reset it to being factory new that should be done in about 40 minutes or so. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t have caught it but I purchased a cheap hosting site for a year that has a lot of hard drive space so I can store backups.

I added a new subdomain to use for that server and it wasn’t coming up so then I decided to ping the name servers and sure enough the old servers were answering.
This meant all Java scripts, css and some attachments and images were being served off the old server.

Oops!

The slowness was my fault and should be improving.

When I set the dns to be hosted off the new server I didn’t update the actual hostnames for the name servers with GoDaddy. So ns1 and ns2 were pointing to the old server. And because of this some of the site was being fed by the old server not the new one.

I moved dns back to godaddy and updated the ip addresses for the name server hostnames. I will then move things back here after 24 hours just to make sure things propagate correctly.

Also on the old server I just reset it to being factory new that should be done in about 40 minutes or so. :)

Yep! Much better today!
Thanks Scott

Go in private / incognito mode and see how it looks there.

All is well here and just tried it on a number of browsers / computers and even my mac. :)
Nada...

I'm in incognito now and this is what it shows for a post above:

It shows 1 other person and in the past you would be able to hover over it and it would show who it was.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 9.14.52 AM.png

Reactions: charlesrshell