New Server - Issues and Reports

I do see our server monitor also reported an outage last night.

Code:
[Service Monitor] https://www.satelliteguys.us/ now OK.

Current time 2023-06-30 04:40:51

Operation restored at 2023-06-30 04:39:25

HostTracker monitor, Dublin, Ireland - Ok

Url was down as a result of:

HTTP response timed out
    HostTracker monitor, Dublin, Ireland - HTTP response timed out

First error was detected at 2023-06-30 04:16:41

Last error was detected at 2023-06-30 04:39:25

Downtime total 22 min(s) 44 sec(s).

However looking at the logs I do not see anything unusual and the server lets me know when services need restarting (which happen automatically) when the CPU load is too high and there are no notifications of these things.

I do however see two things, 1) our new backup did NOT run last night... and that because I didn't enable it when I created it (doh) 2) the server got a Kernel update last night and requests a reboot. (Which I will do now, and we will be down a few minutes for this.)

Is the server really located in Dublin, Ireland? If that's the case, it could be the upstream transit providers that has a issue.
No thats where the company that monitors the servers is. Our server is in Phoenix Arizona.

Looks like the server is doing its initial AV / Malware scan, and that is slowing things down. I will change the start time of this scan NOT to start at 8 am. I can stop the scan however if I do this the next time it scans it will be slow as well as it will have to scan everything again not just new and whats changed.

Seems back to Pretty Snappy again for the last :30 minutes at least :)
Yeah I turned down the CPU usage on the AV scanner. :D

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 8.40.46 AM.png

Because we have not had a successful offsite backup since we moved to the new server, I am now copying last nights backups to the offsite back server. I don't expect there to be any slowdown since the backups were already made, its just a question of copying them from the one server to the other. But just giving a warning just in case. :D

BTW the file scanner is STILL running in the background.

I wish I had an answer as the server seems to be running like a tank and there are no errors to be found in the logs, and no services restarted by the server when you guys are reporting these outages. (And I 100% believe you as well)

I would not be surprised if we have some kind of outage or slowdown after Midnight tonight as the new backup software should finally kick in. (I checked it... and it is ENABLED tonight.). And since will be a full backup it may bog down or take down the server especially when dumping the database. (After this one is done if this new software works correctly the backups will be incremental and should not effect system performance.)

We have two companies monitoring the server for issues, and I have placed an uptime monitor online which you can access at the link below. It does show the outage we had today that you guys reported.

If the outages continue we may need to move again. We still have the old server as well, which has been wiped out and reset to scratch. Big difference there is it only has 16 gig of memory while this one has 32. WIth the new setup I think I can have it running almost as good as here. It is an option if we need it... and I hope we don't need it, as I do like the server very much. But if the hosting company keeps having internet issues it does us no good to stay here, we need a site that stays online.

Seems like the IP block is assigned to web-hosting.com aka namecheap.
Yes Web-Hosting.COM is our host.

I am planning on setting up the old server again but using all the same settings we have here, so if we keep having network issues I can move us back to where we are stable. I don't know what the speed difference will be but we have taken a lot of the stuff out of the setup which we had before, and things are nice here (such as no NGINX or reverse proxies, better caching and so on.

I have the old server until the 10th so might as well get in ready... just in case. This server was selected as it had the specs I wanted and could get it the same day. We really didn't have a choice to move off of the other one due to the OS corruption, but its been wiped out and reloaded, upgraded to the new OS and is ready for me to setup again.