New Server - Issues and Reports

We were actually down more than that... My logs show over 17 minutes of down time.

I do see the 12:20 AM ET happening on the server. It appears a cron job was going and it restarted services.

However the rest of the time was NOT the server and was our host.

Because of this I just ordered a NEW server. Unlike our current host the new one has a SLA and 99.996 uptime.

The server will be ready in a few hours, and I will take te next few days to get it ready then move us when its time to go. :D

Just got notice from our new host our new server has been provisioned. Yay!

My mother is taking Eva and I out to lunch for our 22nd anniversary right now but as soon as I get home I intend to start prep on the new server.

Other than being down for maintenance this site should never be down. Things like this are upsetting to me and frankly unacceptable.

I should never get an email like this.

a9af840214b9199bcd196de5798b7c0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been working on the new server for a few hours now. And everything is looking good so far!

So far only moved the SatelliteGuys Weather Station over to it. MyNewington.COM - Home seems to be loading fine. There is no caching on that site, its just basic PHP so we can't see the true speed, but it is rather snappy still none the less.

I need to get the AWS thing working on the new server and once that is done I can transfer the site over.

More updates as I have them. :)

So far, so good, Scott. Seems responsive so far, hopefully our friends out West will see improvements with this new home.

Gotta love Cloud Computing…

Ok Search Index is now built. I did notice however that the version of Java and Elasticsearch that was installed are old versions. There are lots of performance updates in the newer versions. So over the next few days I will update them to the more current versions.

Just did a server test and everything looks good. Another solid A rating from GTmetrix.

Still can't believe I got everyone backed up and moved... and WORKING in just 36 minutes. :D

Ok now I am going to bed. :D. Goodnight everyone!

Attachments

• GTmetrix-report-www.satelliteguys.us-20230702T191541-bayG8ilf.pdf
    444 KB · Views: 77
Just an observation over my decades of computing. Updates and upgrades might sound good but... I'll take an older stable version of OS or software anytime. A friend of mine gives me a bunch of crap because I'm never on the bleeding edge like he is. But he complains about his computer all the time and I have zero or at least near zero issues. I think its worth mentioning that he runs Windows and I'm 95 percent Linux.

Just an observation over my decades of computing. Updates and upgrades might sound good but... I'll take an older stable version of OS or software anytime. A friend of mine gives me a bunch of crap because I'm never on the bleeding edge like he is. But he complains about his computer all the time and I have zero or at least near zero issues. I think its worth mentioning that he runs Windows and I'm 95 percent Linux.
No thanks, unlike other sites that just setup things and then let them sit untouched for years and years is bad.

I treat all your information like a bank would and work to keep things secure.

We had to be off our old OS by June 30th, or there would be no more OS security updates through te control panel.

I consider protecting your info (even if it is just. your email address and IP) to be important.

He runs Windows... Well there's his problem! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)