New software download screwed up dvi

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
I received the new software the first night and noticed my picture flickering and going blue during channel changes. Today I started getting a DVI error popup for OTA stations even though I have gotten them in the paste and am using the DVI connection. So today I installed a component cable as well and switched over to that, no more flickering or dvi error messags.

Anyone else notice this type of behavior?

I watched college football all day on Saturday and noticed the flickering. I too am using a DVI cable connection. Also....check this out....
Don't try resetting resolutions (from red button on box) while tuned to an OTA channel. It will lock up the box and freeze the image on the TV. I called Voom about the problem. It did not do this with the last version of software. It won't do it tuned to a channel from the dish feed.

Randy Sherrill said:
I watched college football all day on Saturday and noticed the flickering. I too am using a DVI cable connection.
This is probably a different type of flickering... I think VewDew is talking about DVI synchronization loss when switching channels.
Also....check this out.... Don't try resetting resolutions (from red button on box) while tuned to an OTA channel. It will lock up the box and freeze the image on the TV. I called Voom about the problem. It did not do this with the last version of software.
Yes, I saw the same problem too. And not just on OTA channels: for example, switching to Native mode while on channel 122 resulted in a lock-up!

Unofficial Self Installs?

6.20 quirks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)