new software for 622

My 722 had the software as soon as it was installed last week and my 622 just got the L612 update and 501 VOD channels night before last. What's weird is that the 622 has twice as many VOD movies showing at 501 than the 722. And I am in east Texas - about 30 miles northeast of Nacogdoches.

Yesterday, after receiving L612 on a 722, no 501's at all. This morning, three.

The items that show up as "501" are the exact same ones that are listed in the interactive VOD application. They just made it easier to get to them by putting them directly in the program guide.

It would be interesting to see in what geographical location the 622 1080p individuals who have received the 612 download are in...I'm in North Texas and nothing for me yet....
Nothing for me either and I am in Phila PA (Northeast Philadelphia right off of Lower Bucks County).
Jay

Don't feel bad, I still havent got the update on my 622's. :)
That does make me feel better. I heard my 622 update noises at 3 am this morning, excitedly turned on the TV this morning, but no Turbo Charge yet - Dish said that they would be updating through August 17, so....

BTW Scott - I LOVE your Snoopy dancing avatar! It always makes me smile....:)

funny,

I have a 622, and no subscription. I only use it now for NASA, and to watch a few things I recorded from VOOM last year.

I got the new firmware last night, and see the 501 channels.

I also see a bunch of free programs they put onto my 622 that I can watch without charge.

Thats very cool.

My 622 has the new firmware and the 501 channel also. The new free programs that you are talking about, are they under the TV Entertainment section. All I have is clips of the olympics that the receiver has recorded.

One 622 shows nine 501s and no I Am Legend for the last couple of days. I wonder if it's out of room for the 1080p. Other 622 is still on L512.

Well I got it and want to forget I did. The free programs are not worth it and that 1080P is not real 1080P the picture is duller that the same movie from my PANASONIC Blue Ray Player. Yes I got it in 1080P--

If you try to compare legend from 501 to legend in regular Pay per View in HD from Dish other channels you would find no difference in Picture quality.

So this update is no big deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)