New Software Updates Discussion Thread

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I created a new thread just for discussions. This one doesn't need to be a stikcy.

Lakebum431,

Yes we noticed the different naming convention for the 722s. I can't find the thread right now but I asked Smith about it.

Very interesting. I think we've always seen them use letter, letter, letter, number for beta and LX.XX for production. I wonder why they changed.

ralfy,

If you don't have it then it must be for the GAMMA group but the serial # range is for all. I will remove it if that's the case but I'll wait for Smith to chime in.

Looks like the only activity we might see tonight is for the 311 receivers:

8/28/2007: 1000 Software Version P4.17 for DP311

Effective Tuesday, August 28th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P4.17 for the DP311 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time P4.15 and P4.17 will be the valid software versions for the DP311.

L4.43 for 622 and 722

Anyone have info about the new SW?

I got it this morning. Can't see much difference, other than more lines in the counters screen.

8/29/2007: 1532 Software Version L4.43 for ViP 622 DVR
Effective Thursday, August 30th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.43 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L4.41 and L4.43 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/29/2007: 1533 Software Version L4.43 for ViP 722 DVR
Effective Thursday, August 30th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.43 for the ViP 722 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L4.41 and L4.43 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 722 DVR.

New s/w ver. L443 for 622 receiver

Noticed updated ver. L443 for 622. Only noticed line 12 and 13 (diagnostics
page that is new) today Thurs. 8/30/07....rolou21

Noticed updated ver. L443 for 622. Only noticed line 12 and 13 (diagnostics
page that is new) today Thurs. 8/30/07....rolou21

This is weird, I just went to Diagnosis counters and I can't make the left arrow work so that I can scroll down. Left works fine in the guide.

This is weird, I just went to Diagnosis counters and I can't make the left arrow work so that I can scroll down. Left works fine in the guide.
I think you can use the page up/down keys. You just cannot select the text box by left arrow or anything. Were you able to, you could then use the up/down single line scroll. This was true also before 4.43.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts