New Software Updates thread

Ok, so i get the usb tuner and tsreader. To monitor sw updates, does it have to be running constantly, or can it be checked in the evenings when I get home?

Meaning, does the pc have to be running all the time and hooked up to monitor changes?

I just need to know a little more how this works and what I need to plan on.

Better run 24/7 IMHO, as to some short bursts seen before - I mean 30 min and up DL time window.
If your goal do not catch those ( seems to me some rare cases like FW for 922 will fall into the category) or do not provide exactly beginning time of spooling each new FW, then once in a day ( as RandallA did ) would be sufficient.

Ok, so i get the usb tuner and tsreader. To monitor sw updates, does it have to be running constantly, or can it be checked in the evenings when I get home?

Meaning, does the pc have to be running all the time and hooked up to monitor changes?

I just need to know a little more how this works and what I need to plan on.

I know I for one (and I'm sure I speak for many others) would be most appreciative of you if you take this on!! This is/was one of the threads that I kept up on most every day (even for receivers I don't have) as I find new software innovations very interesting.:);):up

Better run 24/7 IMHO, as to some short bursts seen before - I mean 30 min and up DL time window.
If your goal do not catch those ( seems to me some rare cases like FW for 922 will fall into the category) or do not provide exactly beginning time of spooling each new FW, then once in a day ( as RandallA did ) would be sufficient.

I know I for one (and I'm sure I speak for many others) would be most appreciative of you if you take this on!! This is/was one of the threads that I kept up on most every day (even for receivers I don't have) as I find new software innovations very interesting.:);):up

24/7 would not be an option because my laptop leaves for work every day with me :)

Im gonna try it, the cost involved is small and I think itd be fun. Prob order the usb card this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)